should we have a diesel section

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
type r owners have things that are unique to their car but so do 2.2 owners in fact so do 1.8 and 1.4 owners but only the R gets its own section.:worms:

the 2.2 is the second most tuneable civic with probably the most faults, it would be a very busy section

Its a free for all vote but its really aimed at 2.2 owners as its us who will use it. If R owners don't like it don't frequent the section. (if we get one)

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
original quote by: adsbeau
"type r owners have things that are unique to their car but so do 2.2 owners in fact so do 1.8 and 1.4 owners but only the R gets its own section.

the 2.2 is the second most tuneable civic with probably the most faults, it would be a very busy section

Its a free for all vote but its really aimed at 2.2 owners as its us who will use it. If R owners don't like it don't frequent the section. (if we get one)"

I agree with you 100% and have just voted yes, and if the 2.2 has "probably the most faults" isn't that reason enough to have our own section ?

With a fraction of the VED, much cheaper insurance, loads better fuel economy (if driven sensibly!) and just about double the torque after a remap, the Type R vs 2.2 argument is a no brainer for me.

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
2.2 jumping on the band wagon :)

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
There are a lot of members who don't run a derv, but still have loads of valuable info to share, if there is a separate derv section they may not read it very often preferring ( understandably) to concentrate on their petrol civics and therefore we would miss out on their help and advice, so for that reason I vote no

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
There are a lot of members who don't run a derv, but still have loads of valuable info to share, if there is a separate derv section they may not read it very often preferring ( understandably) to concentrate on their petrol civics and therefore we would miss out on their help and advice, so for that reason I vote no
I'm not so sure that I follow your logic. If they've got valuable info to share then they'll share it in the petrol section, which is just as accessible for diesel owners. And surely a diesel section will be predominantly about diesels and for diesels. Several ex-diesel owners still contribute to diesel threads and if there is an unanswered query what's stopping you starting a new thread in the general section ?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
What's the point of having a separate section If you need to start two threads to get an answer,
The point of a separate section is for diesel owners to find answers to diesel questions. If a question remains unanswered, what's the harm in asking it elsewhere ?

·
Derv Driver
459 Posts
While this is true- it may be entirely possible there are now diesel owners who have that same valuable info to share- maybe even with CTR owners, who have their own section. So if a CTR owners creates a thread in that section, what's the difference then?

I see that most of these arguments can be used for both sides of the coin- quite interesting.

Obviously there ARE quite a lot of similarities between the models- in car entertainment- to name one of the more obvious ones- body kits, wheels, etc. Most of those have their own subsections already anyway.

It should be logical (at least in my mind) that queries relating to generalised stuff should be in the (wait for it...) general section :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts