2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a few pictures of a Finnish 1.8 sport and Kpow99 commented on the headlights looking oddly yellow to be HIDs.
And so I went on to eplain how our Sport level doesn't include those.

Anyway that got me wondering what other differences there are and so far I've come up with the following.

What we don't get are the Xenon headlights, but in return my brand new sport will include all these as standard

Headlight washers (with halogen lights)
Rain sensors
Front fog lights
Leather steering wheel
Cruise control
Seat warmers
Folding door mirrors
Spare wheel (no repair kit)
EDIT:
Cloth heated seats

And of course the car will be left hand drive.

I think I won't be missing the extra lighting after all. :eek:

Even the starting price for a 1.8 sport in Finland is about £ 550 less than what the car costs in the UK.
At least based on what I could find on the official UK website.
And I thought we had some of the most expensive cars in the world due to our insane taxes. Guess I was wrong.

Anyone else noticed this country specific customising?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
check denmark if you think your prices are high :)

Trim level-wise, i think we have the same as you here in denmark. three levels, comfort, sport and executive. sport can be manual or i-shift. and neither of them corresponds directly to british models. sport in denmark has somewhat more and somewhat less than the british sport. and price... well, not quite 2x the british price, but getting close.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been discussed a lot on the news here how ridiculous the import tax for used cars is. Basically if I wanted to import a reasonably priced German car from Germany I'd have to pay something close to 40 % in taxes. That's one of the many reasons why so many Finns drive such crappy old cars. The average age of cars currently being used here was 10,5 years just last year.

Like I've heard a thousand times "Cars in Finland are the cheapest in the world"

I don't know, might be true. Companies apparently sell their cars to our dealers cheaper because of the high taxes. Just to keep new cars affordable. :roll:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure does every once in a while, but that's what traveling is for isn't it :wink:

Besides the heater in the Civic was the best in a recent comparison between its three competitors. Alfa 147, Mazda 3 and the new Seat Leon. Guess these things don't get too much emphasis on British car shows and magazines...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts