2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, as you can proberly tell, anyways my question is simple whats the main difference between type s and regular 5 door? i see that the engine, bhp and torque are the same, so is it just the number of door's and the kit that is allready on the type s

thanks for any help repiles :):cool:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Type S is

Slightly wider
Slightly stiffer (as no rear doors)
Slightly lower
Doesn't have magic seats (but there is a way round that)

I think that about covers it :D

Reactions: Chambo

·
Registered
353 Posts
Magic seats? What's that?
The rear seats are referred to as magic seats as the fold up completely in one movement to increase the boot space, in which case they are fitted to the 09 type S.

If I've got it wrong it means the drivers seat returning to the postion it is set to when move to allow access to the rear seats.

No doubt someone will agree or correct me!

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
The rear seats are referred to as magic seats as the fold up completely in one movement to increase the boot space, in which case they are fitted to the 09 type S.
They don't increase boot space as you can't fold the rear seats down to access the boot when the bottom of the seats are folded up!

On the 5 Door the rear seats can be folded up so you can fit luggage in the back of the car. The 3 Door doesn't have rear doors so the seats don't fold up.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
On the 5 Door the rear seats can be folded up so you can fit luggage in the back of the car. The 3 Door doesn't have rear doors so the seats don't fold up.
I thought they did fold up they just can't be locked in the up position? But you can get around it using the seatbelts?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
I thought they did fold up they just can't be locked in the up position? But you can get around it using the seatbelts?
Yes they do 'fold up' as such, but you have to get under the seat, release the locking mechanism then fold them up with the other hand. And even then they don't lock up.

Not really useful at all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just checked mine again. Lift the catch at the top of the seat back, pull the seat back forward and the seat lowers to allow the back to fold down. Hey presto, a perfectly level floor from the rear of the car to the front seats.

I think this was an addition to the 09 Type S.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Just checked mine again. Lift the catch at the top of the seat back, pull the seat back forward and the seat lowers to allow the back to fold down. Hey presto, a perfectly level floor from the rear of the car to the front seats.

I thought all civic seats folded down like that?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts

my 2007 type r does that

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
On the 5 door the bottom of the rear seats lift up and lock up, without touching the seat back, just pulling the seat base up will release the floor catch and pushing the bar down to lock the seat base up once the seat back is pushed all the way up, but on 3 door Civics the seat bottoms are locked down into place.

On all Civics the seat backs fold down to form a large flat boot space.

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
everyone's been saying the Type-S is wider... I can't see the difference between mine and a "normal" Civic, is it over the wheels?! and Jeremiah... mine is lower ^^

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
the wheelbase is marginally lower and wider, almost unnoticeable, it'a all doen to stabilise the car a tad more...

The VSA is also stepped off a tiny bit more to give a sportier drive... erm, different seats too, alcantara instead of the usual fabric...

There are other differences but can't think of them off hand.

Tom

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
The VSA is also stepped off a tiny bit more to give a sportier drive...

Tom

Oh yeah, it's fun going sideways through the wet roundabouts knowing the car's arse will never overtake you ^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
the wheelbase is marginally lower and wider, almost unnoticeable, it'a all doen to stabilise the car a tad more...

The VSA is also stepped off a tiny bit more to give a sportier drive... erm, different seats too, alcantara instead of the usual fabric...

There are other differences but can't think of them off hand.

Tom
Is there any difference in exhaust at the silencer for the 3 door and 5 door ?.
Or is the type s exhaust and the 5 door exhaust the same also ?.

Thanks btw been helpful reads on these 😁

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
The
Is there any difference in exhaust at the silencer for the 3 door and 5 door ?.
Or is the type s exhaust and the 5 door exhaust the same also ?.

Thanks btw been helpful reads on these 😁
The exhaust triangles are different on the type s and the 5 door. Due to the type s having the same splitter/trim as the fn2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts