2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i know there is lot of topics about power folding mirros, that requires the new shut off device or the fuse,but i think my problem is different.. they works only, if i turn ignition off and on again, can someone help? cant insert link as of now :(

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Is it just the drivers side one acting up or both?

If it's just the drivers side playing up, it could still be an issue with the shut off device. You could swap the shut off device out with the one from the passenger side, and see it it works? You'd know if it's the SoD or something else then.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just the drivers side one acting up or both?

If it's just the drivers side playing up, it could still be an issue with the shut off device. You could swap the shut off device out with the one from the passenger side, and see it it works? You'd know if it's the SoD or something else then.

Hope this helps

hi mate,

yeah, both doing the same, even now they stopped working :) hopefully it is " just " the SOD device, thinking to buy them original from Honda in case there is something else wrong i still can return them..

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Sorry I haven't really seen this issue before, but in terms of trouble shooting you might be able to narrow it down before forking out:

- Disconnect that repaired one for a while and see if the problem you're facing still exists. Might be a fault in that one that's dragging the system down

- If that doesn't work, id be inclined to say it's a power issue going to the mirrors instead of both shut off devices acting up. Not sure where this would be though, possibly in the drivers side door card?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can't help with your mirrors issue I'm afraid, but I'm wondering why your car doesn't beep when you turn it on.

Maybe the two are related?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, tried to repair my SOD today, didnt go well, so rang my nearest Honda dealer, asked them if they got SOD on stock,they had, so bought 2 new SOD, installed them in front of the shop and hey presto, they are ok now :) well spent £82:) now i have to buy the remote folding module and perhaps windows remote roll up module :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts