2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make the digital speedo update the speed shown more quickly on the FN2? As an example, watch how quickly the digital speedo on this GT-R updates (appears to be every 0.1 secs or so).

https://youtu.be/R6eRYCl3T-4

Now, watch the FN2 speedo. It only updates every 0.5 secs or so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Honestly? I almost cannot read the CT-R speedo, I prefer the FN2 speedo.
As for your question, sorry, I don't think, it is possible to speed up the refresh rate.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Its probably controlled by the CPU cycle speed the computer is using.... I doubt it can be changed without making your own component

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Its probably controlled by the CPU cycle speed the computer is using.... I doubt it can be changed without making your own component
I doubt it is the CPU clock speed.
Since the GT-R is a supercar, its speedo speed updates much faster and you also have an analog speedo as well.

With our civics they are eco cars and a hot hatch.

Best way to tell is to see if there is a delay in the data being sent from the ECU to the speedo display or the display is delaying the refresh, if it is the display delaying the refresh that might be fixable but you will need the wiring diagram for it to know what controls the update cycle for the screen and if it is a simple thing like a resistor.
Honda is not going to provide anyone with the wiring diagram for the speedo cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Flashpro reads speed but I don't know how fast it refreshes. I suspect it's near the limit of the ECU though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts