2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had my heart set on going to see Fahad as he seems like a cracking lad and knows what hes doing to get my stage 1 EGR OFF re-map done this weekend down Leeds(200 mile round trip) but now I've found out Celtic Tuning also do it in Sunderland (20 mile round trip) so would like opinions on which in your experience is the best overall? I'm still running standard clutch at moment also.
Premier tuning- 180bhp/285lbft
Celtic tuning- 192bhp/292lbft
I know obviously on paper the Celtic tuning 1 would be a no brainer but that bit more torque may start niggling at my clutch hmmm.
Thoughts please as ive heard really good things about both companys
Thanks
Mick
Mick

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.004779,-1.533843

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah your the only 1 that does EGR OFF like Fahad and I've heard nothing but good things about your maps ;) It's just the Journey whereas this other 1s on my doorstep for same price also I dont know what to do haha
I'll be keeping my clutch as long as possible coste1 as long as it doesn't start slipping. Im lucky if I do 3000 miles a year so the owld get might just hold out on me :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.004785,-1.533787

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I thought id do the same on my uprated honda clutch, see how long it last then change it.

Ive got the celtic stage 2 and after 13k the clutch has started to show signs of wear, the weather has been very cold so maybe its been a slight factor? anyway, im sure its different in most cases, ive just been lucky i suppose for it to last this long

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Well I've gone from a regular stage 1 map to the EGR off map, and I can tell you that the throttle response is much sharper now. I've also noticed a marked decrease in turbo lag.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy with the regular stage 1, but now I'm very happy with the stage 1 EGR off, lol.

Worth the trip a thousand times over imho. Besides, you drive a derv, they're designed to eat up motorway miles :p

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was actually your post the other day that made me decide to get the re-map off Fahad instead of getting my windows tinted and spoiler Jonny boy ;) Like you and Fahad say his has the EGR off which makes a difference in a few factors so that's worth the miles I suppose.
Also is Celtic's remap just a generic 1 or is it a custom job like Fahad's?
Cheers

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.004758,-1.533755

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
What outputs can be expected from Stage 2 maps?

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
i had the celtic stage one then went to an elite stage one and the car was a complete animal in comparisons i loved the elite stage one, then i got the EGR off map and its changed for the better again!... i have a thread on here somewhere showing back to back dyno runs of stock celtic elite 1 and elite egr maps.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
The EGR off mod transformes throttle response along with light throttle settings.

Furthermore as the inlet/intake cleans out over a few thousand miles the engine feels
stronger on the road.

I do not think you will find anyone who would go back to a EGR back on map after experencing the improvements.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can't comment on Premiers offering. As you can see, certain individuals give it the "hard sell" on here.

Had two Celtic remaps, current one is a custom remap - 197 bhp, 330 lb ft torque. If you do a search, you will see the graphs on here.

Haven't had any clutch issues with either remap. Done around 31k miles with the current one.

People talking about the car being "a complete animal" after a specific remap is due to the map being an aggressive "punch in the back" steep power curve. I prefer the progressive Celtic map. Each to their own.

Personally, I highly recommend Celtic Tuning.

Steve

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Can't comment on Premiers offering. As you can see, certain individuals give it the "hard sell" on here.
Don't quite know what you're referring to as a hard sell. The man is asking a question, and people are answering him. You've got a broad range of answers in here, from people who've used Premier, people who've used Celtic, and people who've used both.

All we can do is describe our own experience with our maps and make our recommendations...

:rolleyes:

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I've no experience with Premier or F6HAD; so i can't comment either way

But Celtic mapped mine over a year ago now and it still surprises me some times :p The map (touch-wood) has never let me down or caused any issues (clutch aside)!

They actually under-quoted me on the figures i got! (always a pleasant surprise!)
I took the car to TDI north on two seperate occasions for a Dyno run and both times the car made brilliant results (195/320) over the 193/315 or'so they said the map would give!

Paul was well impressed at the little civ's curves ;)

The bands are very well rounded and she pulls like a train right to the red line now without any faultering or hesitation anywhere in the rev range!

Overall: STILL well impressed and STILL recommend Celtic :rolleyes:

Celtic also do a "drive to you" service, if you want them to; they will go pretty much nationwide

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ive had the stage 2 egr off after I had stage 1 else where and wow its a monster.
Less turbo lag, revs great and mpg great.=) plus f6had will come to you !

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.