2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a wire we can tap into for the dash light dimmer circuit.
I know the option connector has the Illumination pin available but thats a 0v/12v output.

some new toys i've recently bought have dimming ability and can be tied into the cars dimming circuit if you know where to wire it in.

also, do we know how the circuit functions - PWM or volt control? If volt control, is it 12v for full illumination and lowers the voltage as you dim?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats that decided then; have to use the dimmer module i bought and control seperately than the car.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Whilst your dimmer may not be compatible, I have observed an interesting effect when using the dashboard dimmer, which perhaps could be a clue to finding the circuit:-
With the light position in off, I.e. DRLs only, The dimmer, when set to its lowest setting, appears to decrease the DRL brightness, Increasing again when the dial is turned back up (Brighter)

I do have a video of the effect, You may notice it on your car if you have it against a wall / similar at night, switch the lights to off and run the brightness all the way up and down.
Wondering if anyone else has the same?

Not sure if it is a bug or a feature :D

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagram the easiest place to pick up the dimmer circuit is either at the back of the meter or at the cable reel. its a red wire and its a variable earth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts