2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ENOUGH OF THE F'IN DINGING!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how you stop the flaming thing dinging when ever you seemingly do anything!???

Namely - seat belt - I happen to like starting it up before I put my seat belt on - DING DING F'IN DING!!!!!!!!

I sometimes like to sit in the car with the door open and radio on - DING DING DING DING ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Come on - some one must know how to turn the F'in dingin off!!!!!!!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!

J :evil:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I've just got used to putting it on before I start the engine. Intensely irritiating.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Just had a quick look - the beeper is attached to the pcb on the rear of the instrument console. Not easy to get to at all. :( Was hoping for something with a couple of wires and a plug, but no such luck. When I get brave and totally dismantle the car, I shall nuke it!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Does the ding start even before the wheels turn? That would be extremely annoying.

I believe that the ding,ding is part of the NCAP star rating. Was it the Golf MKv that went from ncap 4 to 5, just because they added a ding.

Anyhow, the ding can be switched off in the Golf, by using a computer (VAGCOM) to diasble it in the car 'brain'. There may be a way to do this in the Civic, through the diags screen possibly?

We really need a Honda techie/insider on this forum :D

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I'm going to have to build up a relationship with the engineers at my local dealer I think.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I've tried generic OBD2 mode with my VAGCOM setup and predictably it doesn't want to know. Anyone know if there's a Honda equivalent to VAGCOM (other than the basic diagnostic code readers?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey - anyone found a solution againt the damn ding ding ding???
After nearly 2 years driving the civic - I just ignore any ding ding I hear in my car - that's what I call security.

Anyone found a cure for this ding ding???

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Hey - anyone found a solution againt the damn ding ding ding???
After nearly 2 years driving the civic - I just ignore any ding ding I hear in my car - that's what I call security.

Anyone found a cure for this ding ding???
I agree. If a warning sound happens every time then we ignore it as "normal", and so safety is reduced. The warning sound needs to happen when there's an unusual condition that needs correcting.

There are some who will argue that you should put your seatbelt on before you turn the key, but I (and others) like to turn the key to warm the coils, put the belt on and then start the engine.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/5228-stop-seatbelt-beeper-merged.html

·
Administrator
21,100 Posts
I also agree about the door open / ignition key warning.

I think it should be programmed that if you open the door with the key still in the ignition then by all means tell me about it.

But if I put the key in with the door already open then I don't want beeping at.

·
Registered
882 Posts
mine has a similar problem... but goes dong dong dong dong dong.... if parked up together i wonder if our cars would be in harmony

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine has a similar problem... but goes dong dong dong dong dong.... if parked up together i wonder if our cars would be in harmony
If a ding-dong is what you're after, just try opening your driver's door with the light on and the key inserted... :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the answers - I already assumed that most of you will agree and some other will tell me "just close the door" - which is not the solution for my problem - I just can't change my habbits, of already putting in the key when get into the car (before closing the door).
I just don't want to wait inside holding the keys in my right hand until my left hand closed the door. It seems nobody has an answer for this really really stupid implementation of safety...

-- second ding ding:
The other ding ding I hear often, is the fact, that in the Civic you must have your belt on before turning the key. (We all know that turning the key in th European Civic does not start the engine! But anyway this seems to be dangerous for the Japanese Engineers or maybe the european NCAP testers...)

This issue can be solved by plugging out the wire under the seat - but does this affect somehow the Airbag, which eventually only goes off if the sensor detects a person sitting? (Or is this only for the co-pilote?)

Byebye - ding dong ding dong ding dong

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts