2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was going to insert a USB into the back of the headunit' but realised the have been discontinued for about 3 years so I believe. So there is a double din and a new fascia going in man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Was going to insert a USB into the back of the headunit' but realised the have been discontinued for about 3 years so I believe. So there is a double din and a new fascia going in man

Nice one mate! I have seen some awesome double din units.. But I have the integrated sat nav, so I can't swap it out haha

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice one mate! I have seen some awesome double din units.. But I have the integrated sat nav, so I can't swap it out haha

If I'd thought of the idea and if I could choose again id go with the built in satnav HU' stupidly I didn't and cause nothing but problems and spending money converting over to the double din.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet FN2 mate, and yeah the swap to double din is a nightmare, but well worth it. What head unit did you go for?

Bought the xtrons fully compatable! Build in Satnav, Bluetooth, and DVD/CD player, well worth the buy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had a look at them on the net, tidy looking unit and can't believe the price!!! Wish I'd seen these before forking out for the pioneer I got. Whats the sound like through the oem speakers?

Yes I've had the xtrons screen before in my old car but then sold it due to getting the fn2, wish I didn't though apart from that the sound quality is actually changes a big difference! Huge upgrade from the standard unit I must say.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I agree, the difference from OEM to new head unit is immense! I'm still thinking about upgrading the speakers, but not sure if I really need to. The OEM speakers are good, just the OEM head unit thats the weak link in the chain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, the difference from OEM to new head unit is immense! I'm still thinking about upgrading the speakers, but not sure if I really need to. The OEM speakers are good, just the OEM head unit thats the weak link in the chain.
Yeah, you're right the OEM Speakers aren't right for the Standard Head Unit, as little as changing the HU makes a remarkable difference, although I'd highly recommend the Xtrons CD/DVD player to anyone, reliable and no lag features.

Thanks aqib.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts