2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some git decided to leave a six inch scrape and small ding on my passenger door this week whilst parked at work.

Apart from wanting to batter the person who did it, I managed to polish out almost all the paint damage, I was however left with a small but really noticeable vertical crease and small dent in the middle of the door on the line which runs the length of the car.

The problem with the civic is that becuase it has such clean lines the slightest of dings will be easily seen.

I did not think much could be done about this, but called someone to take a look. The guy came out today took a look at it and said it might be tricky but would have a go. He spent the best part of an hour working on the door and called me to have a look - I could not believe the results, there is still a tiny line there but it took me a while to find it.

It cost £50 and I would thouroughly recommend the guy to anyone who has any dings on their car.

For anyone interested and living in the Cardiff/South Wales area the guys name was Wayne and his company name is Elite dent removal.

I wish I knew about this guy sooner as I have had small dings on previous cars which I now realise I did'nt have to put up with.

Happy days!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Did you look at my 'how to' on DIY dent removal? I had the same problem and got OK results on my own, but I'm getting it done properly, like yours soon hopefully.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
You should do, it's fun and it gets people wondering what your doing :)

Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dings n stuff

I did think about having a go myself, and to be honest after watching the guy working today I think I would be able to do it, I would guess the tools he had are not that expensive. But he really did know his stuff.

The difference is I would probably have fixed one dent but replaced it with lots of other damage...I always seem to make of meal of the simplest of jobs.

Did'nt really want to practice on my Type R, would certainly have had a go on my wife's fiesta though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts