2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible somehow to disable the satnav startup warning where you need to pres the buttom in order to continue?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
There is a device sold in America that you wire in to the big joystick switch. It will wait for a bit after the car is turned on, and then send a pulse into the joystick which makes the car think you've pressed OK. It's expensive, and I don't know whether it will work if the reversing camera is on.

The other option is to decompile the firmware, modify it, and recompile. Some clever people have attempted this, and failed!

So we have to continue to be treated like children, due to the mindless litigious attitude spreading from the US to the UK and propagated by companies like "National Accident Helpline".[smilie=hate.gif]

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Yes, it's a bit like having a warning to keep hold of the steering wheel if you set the cruise control! ;)

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
And that is only because someone in America successfully sued a company because he put his cruise control on and then went in the back of his Winnibago to make a cup of coffee.

The funniest one I saw recently was the allergy warning on a 4 pint of milk carton. It says "Contains Milk" D'oh

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Due to this, if you have a reversing camera, if you want to get out of a parking space you have to wait for the DVD to boot! before you get the rear view!

·
Registered
347 Posts
And that is only because someone in America successfully sued a company because he put his cruise control on and then went in the back of his Winnibago to make a cup of coffee.
So if I reversed into a wall before the system had booted up, I could sue Honda for damages. :rolleyes: Perhaps that way they'd give the option of an accept once option, rather than annoying the boots off us. [smilie=tongue.gif]

Personally, I think the character in the Hitchhiker's Guide had it right when he read the instructions on a pack of toothpicks.

And no, Honda, I'm not really going to sue anyone over this. It's just irritating. However, costs associated with the absence of a spare wheel are a very different ball game - that is just a nasty piece of cost engineering at our expense.

·
您看了
456 Posts
The funniest one I saw recently was the allergy warning on a 4 pint of milk carton. It says "Contains Milk" D'oh
I take it you haven't bought a packet of Peanuts when in the USA then?

yup... you've guessed it.... "Warning: Contains Nuts"

(Ps. Not making it up, have American family and used to go out there quite often)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Due to this, if you have a reversing camera, if you want to get out of a parking space you have to wait for the DVD to boot! before you get the rear view!
Very true, but at 9 seconds it's not that long to wait. :cool:

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Unfortunately this isn't true...although it is very believable

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
All door mirrors in the States have to have a warning about objects in the rear view mirror appearing closer than they are.
The reason hot coffee from McD's has a "warning -contents hot" on them is because a woman in Americe drove off with the coffee on her dash and it spilled on her lap. She got loads of money because there was no warning!

·
Registered
382 Posts
What's next:?: Warning on indicators that they might affect people with sensitivity to flashing lights:?: BMW drivers won't have a problem:eek:

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I don't think having to wait is much of a big deal, i mean yes it can be annoying but by now im well used to it, its just an automatic thing now, same as locking the doors. surely you have to bypass a disclaimer on portable units too? any i've seen have some form of disclaimer on start-up.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Don't suppose anyone has managed to succeed in this?
So frustrating having to wait and accept the stupid terms every single time I start my car :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts