2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to disable the driver warning that's shown every time the car starts?

Coming from a Toyota where a similar warning was only on the sat nav function (which I never used as it was out of date & upgrades chargeable!), I find it annoying that every time I use it, I have to acknowledge the warning.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
There is a way, but it does come with some expense (And I haven't tested it myself, though there's a fair few users about that should be able to confirm it's functionality) - The HondaHack application for the 10G.
Root your Honda head unit and install apps freely - Honda Hack

One of the pro features it lists is an automatic OK to the safe driving prompt - That should do what you need; and you may find some of the other features useful too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If anyone test this please let us know if it works.
$25 is a price I can pay to get the annoyance of the driver warning removed if it works.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My old 8G had a similar prompt everytime I started the car in order to enable the satnav. It's to cover Honda legally, other manufacturers do the same.

It's no different to having to enable 'Brake Hold' everytime you start the car - You're driving the car for that 'session' and you choose what control options you want to enable/disable.

Also consider you are not the only driver of the car, without that prompt it's a minefield legally.

In respect of using Honda Hack - you are putting yourself and your car at risk in many ways using a bootleg, untested and unlicensed product - just to bypass having to tap the screen when you start the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a way, but it does come with some expense (And I haven't tested it myself, though there's a fair few users about that should be able to confirm it's functionality) - The HondaHack application for the 10G.
Root your Honda head unit and install apps freely - Honda Hack

One of the pro features it lists is an automatic OK to the safe driving prompt - That should do what you need; and you may find some of the other features useful too!

If I hack my Honda do I lose/throw away the manufacturer Honda guarantee?? Can you answer for sure? Thank you!

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Treat it like you would do a woman.. it's there in the background, but you have a mechanism to switch it off in your mind.. :smile3:

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
If I hack my Honda do I lose/throw away the manufacturer Honda guarantee?
I can't answer that for sure, but I suspect that they would not appreciate it, and possibly null the guarantee on the head unit. Whether that would apply to the whole car, who knows?

Having said that, I would imagine that they have a method of reloading the 'factory fresh' software to the HU but whether this would be done under guarantee is a matter of conjecture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You would lose the warranty on the infotainment system and associated components like speakers, amps, etc. if proven the hacked infotainment system caused damage to other components. It would not affect the whole car warranty as hacking the infotainment unit would not affect the gearbox or engine or axles, etc. I have heard the hack can be easily removed if the car needs to go in for repair and then reinstalled as long as you have kept the key given at the time of purchase of the hack.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Can't answer for sure as I don't work at Honda HQ :p
But, in the real world, I doubt it would cause you any issue. I've not had any trouble with a rooted HU on the 9G blatantly displaying "unauthorised" third party applications; At worst, they may give trouble if there is a software issue - However, if the issue is severe enough to defer to dealer it would most probably be a simple reflash with no mind given to the existing state of software on the HU.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts