2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wow, they really are thinning the range of cars available in the UK now, certainly nothing in the current line up that takes my fancy (other than the NSX of course), shame really

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,137 Posts
I'm rather taken with the Jazz Crosstar. I'll take one out for a spin next Feb when mine's being serviced and see what I think.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its all down to EU emissions and how much each OEM will have to pay across their product range for non-compliance.

They have also dropped the 1.5T engine from the CR-V too. Its Hybrid only now.

In any case, spy shots of the 3rd Gen HR-V are online. That'll likely be Hybrid only too.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
The HRV we run is a much bigger vehicle both inside and out than you would think the jazz platform would provide for.

Magic seats, reasonable handling and performance, and only an opinion, easily one of the best looking cross-overs out there. A smooth ride and 50 mpg (petrol cvt) out on the motorway are'nt bad either.

If the new model makes it to these shores the asking prices for the current model maybe should drop a little.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The HRV we run is a much bigger vehicle both inside and out than you would think the jazz platform would provide for.

Magic seats, reasonable handling and performance, and only an opinion, easily one of the best looking cross-overs out there. A smooth ride and 50 mpg (petrol cvt) out on the motorway are'nt bad either.

If the new model makes it to these shores the asking prices for the current model maybe should drop a little.
Current HR-Vs are plagued with build quality issues (thanks Mexico!).

3rd Gen will be Japanese imports like the CR-V is. Better to wait for one of those frankly.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Interesting point, with more production of many Hondas apparently being shifted back to Japan I think we can look forward to better build quality - My Jap built Accord always felt so much better put together than a Civic ever has - not that the Civic is bad, just the Accord exuded a quality that was hard to put your finger on - just more whole and together I guess

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Current HR-Vs are plagued with build quality issues (thanks Mexico!).

3rd Gen will be Japanese imports like the CR-V is. Better to wait for one of those frankly.
Yes, the car earned a reputation of quality issues with some of them, attributed to country of build-Mexico.

After a particular build date, I think part way through 2017 production was move to Japan . These cars can be identified I believe by their vin.

Don't actually know where our's was built, but so far so good after approx. a year with us

·
Registered
188 Posts
Interesting point, with more production of many Hondas apparently being shifted back to Japan I think we can look forward to better build quality - My Jap built Accord always felt so much better put together than a Civic ever has - not that the Civic is bad, just the Accord exuded a quality that was hard to put your finger on - just more whole and together I guess
100% agree with you re the Japanese build quality.

My 5th Gen CR-V is just amazingly put together. Even better than my old 8th Gen Accord was.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed my brief stint with the Civic Prestige, but the CR-V just highlights how piss poor the Swindon cars really are in terms of quality.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At moment it’s the only Honda that intrigues me. I like the magic seats with their secret under the seat hiding ability. Good deal at moment with 5 years servicing plus £500 fuel card. But I’m smitten with ..... Mazda CX30. Non turbo and torque converter auto box. Fed up changing gears. I also like the Toyota CHR, nice engines with double fuel injectors to combat carbon build up but only 1 usb in cabin! Honda the cheapest option but I don’t like changing cars in winter. Prefer to get to know during better weather days and Sod’s law says if I swap to new car with summer tyres it’ll freeze and snow. I have all seasons on at moment and prefer to avoid two sets of alloys for summer/winter.
I hope Honda place any type of cat on their HRV hybrid away from thief’s cutters. But definitely a nice design of vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,137 Posts
I also like Honda and I'm due for a change.

My issue is that the 9G is the absolute max footprint I will accept. Therefore the only Honda model I can look at is the Jazz. I also prefer torque converter but they are becoming very rare on smaller cars.

Reactions: Red Dwarf

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mazda 2. Smaller than 9G.
Mazda 3. & CX30 both very similar in size to 9G. All available with torque converter auto boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
We had the 5 speed auto box with our civic exgt and superb it was. We have the cvt box with our HRV and to be honest I can't really fault it. The only significant difference I've noticed is that The HRV returns better than 10 mpg average more than the Civic did.

Interestingly, according to Parkers and others, the HRV is 5mm longer and similar width to the 9 gen civic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts