2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me going mad, but I have just noticed that when I read a new post it then vanishes from the page and it also seems that new posts appear without having to refresh the page.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Poltergiest mate , there everywhere ;) now this post is offski into the eather lol

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
If the page they are vanishing from is "New Posts", then that's because the page only displays new posts that you haven't read.

To see all of them, use "Today's Posts" (in Quick Links).

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the page they are vanishing from is "New Posts", then that's because the page only displays new posts that you haven't read.

To see all of them, use "Today's Posts" (in Quick Links).
What happened for a while yesterday was that after I read a new post and went back to the main new post page the one that I had just read was no longer on the page, this has not happened before, also new posts appeared without me refreshing the page (hope that makes sense)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
What happened for a while yesterday was that after I read a new post and went back to the main new post page the one that I had just read was no longer on the page, this has not happened before, also new posts appeared without me refreshing the page (hope that makes sense)
I understand what you are saying... but I cannot repeat it.

Are you using Firefox?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Yes, using Firefox
Are you opening the posts in a new tab and then going back to the original tab, or are you clicking through to the post and then clicking back in the browser to return to the list?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you opening the posts in a new tab and then going back to the original tab, or are you clicking through to the post and then clicking back in the browser to return to the list?

Doing whats highlighted in red

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Although I cannot manage to repeat that right now, I have noticed similair things occasionally, and I think I have heard one other report of it too.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
This is something to do with the time. I have known this happen below, however can not remember how to sort it off hand. I will have a think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've posted a couple of new threads recently and they dont appear in the New Posts page. When I go back to the relevant forum they are there but not in the New Posts page although newer posts and posts prior to my post are. Strange.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I've posted a couple of new threads recently and they dont appear in the New Posts page. When I go back to the relevant forum they are there but not in the New Posts page although newer posts and posts prior to my post are. Strange.
Your own posts do not show up in new posts, but I don´t think that is what you are saying? :confused:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Oh right. Maybe thats it. I thought the New Posts page contained all new posts irrespective of who posted. I'm a bit of an idiot. :oops:
I think an older version of the software did that, but the logic is that you don´t need to read what you have posted yourself.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I am not sure this has been stated clearly but... if you follow this sequence this is what happens:

Click New Posts
Click any post and read it
Click New posts

The one you just read is not there as you have read it. Any posts made by someone other than yourself while you were reading/posting will appear at this stage.

But, and I do this a lot without meaning to..

Click New Posts
Click any post and read it
Click 'back' button on browser

You see the page you selected your post from and the post you just read is still there (because you are reloading the previous version of the page) The one you read has apparently not disappeared and no more new posts will show.. but if you refresh that page it will update to remove the one you saw and add any new ones.

So clicking 'New Posts' each time is preferable to using the 'back' button if you want the latest up-to-date version.

Hope that made sense and was not too trivial.

Reactions: dave525
1 - 20 of 22 Posts