2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to pick u p my CTR today and finally be able to drive the car i wanted for so long,

Got to the garage where it was on display in the car park with my personnal number plate on and thought to myself awesome cant wait to drive this but as i approached the car to my disappointment i seen a nasty dent running down the side of the left back wing and aftercoming around to the front to inspect it further i noticed the front bumper was hanging down from were it sits under the lights, gutted i was!! and pretty sure it wasnt their when i first looked at the car.
The honda dealership have said they'll look at getting this done but didnt seem to enthusatic about it and just said hopefully sorted by next wk.

ive put a deposit down aswell so unsure of my rights as if this doesnt get done then im not willing to pay the remaining amount.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and also where do i stand on getting my refund back?

thanks
millsy0331:confused:

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Is it a Honda dealer? You are entitled to your deposit back if they don't agree to repair it...

If it's a decent dealer they will not even hesitate and get it fixed or offer you the deposit back...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yip proper honda dealer but now its made me doubt if i want the car or not. when i first test drove it i loved it but now after returning and seeing the dent and bumper im not to sure!!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
dont honda have a 30 day deal thing?

i know you maybe gutted now but once its all sprayed up and that you will be in love again haha!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
I can understand and sympathise with your situation.
When my car was bought brand new(not by me)it had a deep scratch in the rear bumper, but when picking it up, the car was parked in such a way that walking round the back of it was impossible.
The dealer was informed of the damage the very next morning, and after a bit of discussion they reluctantly agreed to replace the bumper.
I learned later from speaking to somebody that worked in the trade for many years, that this practice is not uncommon with dealers.

At the first service the same dealer damaged the rear bumper again, but held their hands up straight away, so that was another new bumper.

Its a big plus in your favour that you noticed the damage before you drove away.
The bodywork can be fixed so that it is totally flawless, and the car will not be tainted in any way.
This is the minimum you should be expecting, so i hope it all ends well for you. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got my hands on the car and it looks fantastic, all dents repaired to a good spec and loads more scratches removed :D

Driving pretty well but always worried that 3rd gear might pop out after reading so many reviews but seems ok for now.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Glad you're happy with it mate.
The bodywork would have been a straightforward thing for the dealer to put right, and im happy to hear they done just that.
Enjoy your new car. :D

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Don't worry about the 3rd gear, if you haven't noticed it already it's probably fine. If you have the issue then you'll find it hard to move from second to third and from my experience you'll probably notice it at least once on any journey. Having said that the dealership are currently telling my its not the 3rd gear synchro on mine and now they are replacing the clutch. I'm almost certain it is the 3rd gear synchro.. but how do I argue with a mechanic lol...

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Oh, and if it does turn out you have the 3rd gear synchro issue you should be able to get Honda to sort it foc. I got them to agree to.... untill the mechanic told me it was the clutch which I'm now paying parts costs for, they did however drop the labour charge for me.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
What age cars are Honda agreeing to fix? Or will reluctantly accept to fix? Is there even a limit?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally picked up my car and been driving for about 3wks now and loving it!!

only problem is im finding so many things slightly wrong with it. for example, boot doesnt line up one side by the rear light like it does on the left quite a noticable gap, then bits of the plastic interiour are out or have been scuffed badly, clutch pedal feels like its squeaking and the matt always catches on it. i know its second hand but for the money i paid should this be exceptable?

cant see any impact the cars had but just doesnt seem right, maybe its just the way Honda civic are made and one else with these problems?

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
They are not that well made but what car is?

I had to reject the first e92 m3 I got from new as the quality was shocking! I accept the poor quality of the Honda as it is so good in other areas. The paint was awful and the squeaks and rattles are endless!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts