2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to pick u p my CTR today and finally be able to drive the car i wanted for so long,

Got to the garage where it was on display in the car park with my personnal number plate on and thought to myself awesome cant wait to drive this but as i approached the car to my disappointment i seen a nasty dent running down the side of the left back wing and aftercoming around to the front to inspect it further i noticed the front bumper was hanging down from were it sits under the lights, gutted i was!! and pretty sure it wasnt their when i first looked at the car.
The honda dealership have said they'll look at getting this done but didnt seem to enthusatic about it and just said hopefully sorted by next wk.

ive put a deposit down aswell so unsure of my rights as if this doesnt get done then im not willing to pay the remaining amount.

Has anyone come across a similar problem and also where do i stand on getting my refund back?

thanks
millsy0331:confused:

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
If it wasn't there when you first looked at the car would think you have every right to pull out!

·
Registered
356 Posts
What a nightmare,
How this turns out will to a certain extent depend on the dealers response.
First thing are you prepared to accept what will be a resprayed car and still pay the full asking price? if you are then its really down to how good a job they make of the repair.

If your not then you have to reject the car straight away in writing and ask for a full refund, now dealers dont give money back with out a fight but dont let that put you off.
Firstly you have Trading Standards and then the small claims court.
If the dealer fights it the Judge will have to decide who to believe. Is it likely you would test drive and then purchase a car with the damage you now report, not really. Did you have somebody with you when you test drove who will back up that there was no damage. Also isnt it reasonable to expect the dealer to have a duty of care to point this damage out to you before you purchased it. You would expect a car supplied from a main dealer to be in top condition.
Another route which i have used is to contact Autoexpress magazine, they have a feature where they will get involved if they think you have a good case.

If it was me i would reject it, but thats easier said than done, but i think you have a very strong case. I know it sounds daunting taking on a dealer on your own, but with the above options i think you would win. You need to act quickly before they start the repair work otherwise they could claim you have accepted their offer to repair it.
Good luck.

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I would reject it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well they say they will try and get the dent done if they can but if it comes back with a poor job done then i will be asking for my deposit back and see where it goes from their.

this whole thing now as doubted me getting a CTR and think maybe i should of looked for a newer model or jus a different car. first test drive i loved it so put the deposit down but now returning today and seeing it in that condition well............ :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
That is rubbish mate, don't accept anything other than as near perfect as a used motor can be, especially if it wasn't in that condition when you put deposit down

·
The Guru
4,207 Posts
Was this a Honda dealer? If so I seem to remember that you get seven days in which your entitled to reject the car and get a refund.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts