2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent yesterday afternoon swapping out the bulbs for the headlights and front fogs for LEDs.

6500k all round and and all Auxito brand.

The figs are H11s, have fans and are mega bright, whereas the main and dipped beam are H7s, don’t have a fan and aren’t that impressive really.

I bought them because someone on here recommended them.

So… is it that’s how the output would be regardless of brand / whether the bulb has a fan or not or should I look to get something else, and if so, what would you recommend.

Main objective is being able to see better on dipped beam. 🙂

TIA

· Premium Member
74 Posts
Personally I think for whatever reason no matter what LED’s you put in the headlights there is a significant blind spot or obstruction within the projector part itself, I have fitted H7 Philips ZES Luminleds in mine and the brightness of those on a dark road aren’t great, (where as the High Beam is a different story). I’m now contemplating changing these out to HID’s where the light itself emits a full 360o unlike LED’s where only 2 sides are lit by Diodes and definitely miss the part you see.

However I’m sure a few members may chime in and correct my observation, reasoning and opinion.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I think for whatever reason no matter what LED’s you put in the headlights there is a significant blind spot or obstruction within the projector part itself, I have fitted H7 Philips ZES Luminleds in mine and the brightness of those on a dark road aren’t great, (where as the High Beam is a different story). I’m now contemplating changing these out to HID’s where the light itself emits a full 360o unlike LED’s where only 2 sides are lit by Diodes and definitely miss the part you see.

However I’m sure a few members may chime in and correct my observation, reasoning and opinion.
Been out in it again tonight and yes, full beam is definitely not bad.

Beginning to wish I’d attacked the bits the retaining spring locate in the dipped beams with a file - don’t really fancy taking the bumper back off to make any more changes. 🙈

1 - 3 of 3 Posts