2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, three days after picking up my new car I have some git drive into the front end.

No one was injured and the insurance will sort everything out...but what a bummer.

The garage that is carrying out the work have to wait for approval from Zurich insurance (the underwriters of the seven day driveaway as offered by Honda) and this won't happen until Monday 11th - and it looks like I then won't get the car back until Thursday 14th.

Curses [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry mate, you must be gutted.

Hope evrything is ok and at least no one was injured...

Young , inexperience git ????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jazz said:

No, old experienced git - my next door neighbour!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry for that I know the pain of waiting, I have been waiting for my car for 8.000.000,00 seconds now.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
thanksdenis said:
Jazz said:

No, old experienced git - my next door neighbour!
Bet his was an older model car and not dammaged :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to read of your demise. However, I know it must be gutting for you, but the main thing is that no-one has been injured. Emotive though it is- metal can be repaired more easily than bodies.
I have only had one accident in 40 years driving, but it really upset me, until someone explained as previous. It made me feel a little better.

Best wishes

Rog

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for not replying earlier - lost time again!

Rogwat - you are, of course, quite right. At the time of the accident I had my 11 month old grandson in the back and the other car had a five year old boy. Apart from the boy's shock no-one had even a scratch so, if you're going to have an accident (and I'm afraid it is almost inevitable that we all will, at least once) then this is the one to have.

Depending on your point of view, I've been quite lucky with accidents. I've been driving for about eighteen years and have had three crashes - the first was in a 2.0 Cortina. That was my first car and my pride and joy. Guy turns right, directly in front of me and I go smack into his side at 50mph. Bruising from the seatbelt aside, you wouldn't have known anything had happened from the look of me (though the car was half the size it originally was and wasn't even towable never mind driveable!). Second accident - bus comes round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road and takes out my Audi, including passengers and knocks us into a Range Rover behind us. Joy! Again, probably because speeds were low, no real damage done other than to the car.

And lastly the current accident makes three. Each one involved no personal injury and on each time the actual damage to the car got less. I reckon I've had my lot for the rest of my life (at least I hope so!) but I certainly appreciate that a couple of badly damaged cars is much better than one badly damaged person.

Still a pain in the a**e though!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
thanksdenis said:
Sorry for not replying earlier - lost time again!

Rogwat - you are, of course, quite right. At the time of the accident I had my 11 month old grandson in the back and the other car had a five year old boy. Apart from the boy's shock no-one had even a scratch so, if you're going to have an accident (and I'm afraid it is almost inevitable that we all will, at least once) then this is the one to have.

Depending on your point of view, I've been quite lucky with accidents. I've been driving for about eighteen years and have had three crashes - the first was in a 2.0 Cortina. That was my first car and my pride and joy. Guy turns right, directly in front of me and I go smack into his side at 50mph. Bruising from the seatbelt aside, you wouldn't have known anything had happened from the look of me (though the car was half the size it originally was and wasn't even towable never mind driveable!). Second accident - bus comes round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road and takes out my Audi, including passengers and knocks us into a Range Rover behind us. Joy! Again, probably because speeds were low, no real damage done other than to the car.

And lastly the current accident makes three. Each one involved no personal injury and on each time the actual damage to the car got less. I reckon I've had my lot for the rest of my life (at least I hope so!) but I certainly appreciate that a couple of badly damaged cars is much better than one badly damaged person.

Still a pain in the a**e though!
I thought you said you were not injured!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a bum rap...! (Now this could go on for a while)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts