2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know how to disconnect the parking sensors on the rear bumper?

I'm in the middle of changing my rear splitter and it would be a hell of a lot easier if they could come off
Cheers

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If they are genuine Honda ones they should have fairly obvious connectors that undo. If they are not then they will likely be connected back to the control box where you'll need to unplug them.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Syx. They are genuine Honda ones but there was nowhere to detach, I ploughed through in the end in some uncomfortable positions as it was getting dark and I'm very impaitent :D got the splitter on, just need to sort the oversized arches out! :s

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Glad you got there! However I'd check to make sure they really are genuine Honda sensors.

Checking this document for installing the official ones:
http://www.civinfo.com/pics/parking_sensor_install.pdf

You can see on page 10 that the sensor (on the left) has no cable attached and on page 19 there is a photo of the wiring loom that shows the connectors.
Page 24 then shows the action of connecting the "3-pin connector of the sensor harness" to the "sensor".

I do remember there being posts of dealers fitting aftermarket kits and claiming them as genuine Honda items...

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Glad you got there! However I'd check to make sure they really are genuine Honda sensors.

Checking this document for installing the official ones:
http://www.civinfo.com/pics/parking_sensor_install.pdf

You can see on page 10 that the sensor (on the left) has no cable attached and on page 19 there is a photo of the wiring loom that shows the connectors.
Page 24 then shows the action of connecting the "3-pin connector of the sensor harness" to the "sensor".

I do remember there being posts of dealers fitting aftermarket kits and claiming them as genuine Honda items...
+1 when I did mine it was pretty straight forward to disconnect don't remember having any hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts