2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Honda Civic 8th Gen 55 plate (2006).

I disconnected the battery to get at and change my lightbulbs over the weekend. Which I have now done. Now when I reconnect the terminals the allarm keeps going sounding and I have been unable to stop it from sounding. It goes off as soon as I reconnect the negative terminal and sounds for a minutes and then stops. It then restarts after about five seconds. I have read throught the post on the forums and see that some people have suggested changing the backup battery in the alarm siren located in the boot on the right hand side of the car.

I have removed the siren and taken out the backup battery as you can see from the photos. I have ordered a new alarm siren battery backup pack (Extended life 35mAH for £28.00 including postange from here Honda Car Immobiliser by Cobra Security Rechargeable Battery Pack and will install this when it arrives. But I wondered if anyone else has replaced the backup battery pack and if this solved the issue, also was there any other configuration that needed or needs to be done on the car once the backup battery pack is changed? TIA for any help or advise given.

Pictures and link included if anyone else needs to replace battery pack

·
Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
have you tried arming and disarming the alarm
and also starting the car
my sons leon and mates van if you use the spare key they sound the alarm untill you place key in ignition and switch on

·
Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
i wonder if you have disturbed something to do with bonnet catch switch
thats common area for problems on the 8g
mine played up once after standing a while i was lucky just sprayed a load on contact cleanr or wd40 type spray as close as i could get it and as far as i know its still working well

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you tried arming and disarming the alarm
and also starting the car
my sons leon and mates van if you use the spare key they sound the alarm untill you place key in ignition and switch on
Yeah i have tried this, even when the car is running and im driving it it still keeps sounding. Tried the key in the lick as well, still no joy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys I am trying to get to the siren but can't see how to remove the trim. There has been 1 pic I have seen with it off but doesn't show how, any ideas on what im missing? Does it pop off, or are there screws somewhere? Thanks.
The pictures were taken of my PC screen as I dont have the link sorry. but they do show where the srews are - but be careful of the ones where the spare wheel usually goes as they were rusted in place and broke off when tried to unscrew them. Ive replaced the battery pack in my siren but havnt been able to put it in place dues to the weather where I was at the weekend. As soon as Ive got it in Ill let you know if it fixed the issue of the alarm sounding all the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol, they just sheared off. Ok got that middle bit off still scratching my head a bit. What is next?
Lol, they just sheared off. Ok got that middle bit off still scratching my head a bit. What is next?
You need to take the felt bit over the wheel arch and the plastic trim at the top of it off. Very tight, be careful not to split the plastic as its plastic welded but it all comes out as one piece. Trim removal tools are best for getting the plastic bits away from the body work. The plastic can be quite bittle and a bit of force is required (In the right places).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I noticed

On the siren picture. Is the connector visible for the siren it's self, can it be disconnected from there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I noticed

On the siren picture. Is the connector visible for the siren it's self, can it be disconnected from there?
There are two connectors, the first on is the white one connected to the silver bracket itself. Disconnecting this will allow you to remove the bracket from the car and the siren will still be attached to the bracket so you remove them both together at the same time. The other connector goes into the alarm siren and this can be removed once yoou have taken out the bracket and the alarm siren as one peice.

When the whole thing is out you can then remove the alarm siren from the bracket and undo the two crosshead screws (one on each side of the alram siren) and get at the battery pack.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I noticed

Once this is disconnected you will also get a red light come up on the dash to indicate the alarm is not working correctly. It comes on when you start the car but will go out after a couple of seconds. The redlight still flashes when the car is locked and armed, even with the alarm out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts