2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got a little problem and i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the subject.

I've got a 2006 civic ex with satnav. I just installed a double din unit......fascia i ordered came with all the required patch leads.
I connected everything up, it all works fine including the steering wheel controls.

The issue im having is the small screen next to the nav screen. I know that i loose the nav screen and im fine with that.
I was under the impression that with the interface box all the heater functions get transferred to the small screen.

All in getting on the display is this.

When i play with the heater, bits and pieces appear and disappear so i know something is working.
Anyone got an idea what the issue is?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Interesting, I am glad someone has finally tried this, since there have been a few posts about it with no one having actually tested it as yet.

I was under the impression that the clock screen should work correctly, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

The module could be faulty, but I am guessing that it isn't.

Since it is designed for the clock without nav I guess the input signals to the screens must be different.

It is a definite shame if that is the case, but I do hope you can find a way to get it working correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, i wasn't aware that im the guinea pig here! no matter.

The faulty module has crossed my mind, but all signs point towards it just not being compatible with the satnav.

I figured i have two options to try. The first option was to take off the part of the oem headunit that controls the nav screen and gain the screen back. Or get a non nav screen off ebay and try that.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
The screen on non sat nav models is wider with more areas to display information. The ex screen is only designed for basic information so is missing the extra areas of display so what you have is the display merging the information as there is no room for it . I don't think this is a faulty display. Its just not designed for this purpose.
Most people don't try this as they do not want to throw away 5k of satnav tech (that's how much Honda price it up as)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts