2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I have a 2007 derv with the standard radio/heater display issues that seem to affect most Civics of this age: the letters appear to be all scrambled, with some not even being present at all - and, it's now got the to point where there is basically nothing left of the display at all.

I know that it's something to do with the solder on the pins behind the unit, but I've not got a soldering iron - so, I was thinking about ordering a 'new' unit. The only problem is - all of the ones I can find are for the sat-nav model, when I have an ES (without sat-nav). Will a sat-nav unit work in a car that never had sat-nav from the factory? Or, am I best buying a soldering iron?

Cheers

·
4,485 Posts
Not only do you need a soldering iron, you also need the skills to use it. If you don't have both, then get someone who has to do it for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Once you've got the display out is a really easy soldering job. All of the contacts are easy to get at and not too close together. I managed this with a very basic soldering iron. I just heated each contact with a touch of fresh solder and its been fine for two years now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts