2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the list of problems people are experiencing with this car are still growing. Apart from the amount of people with the faulty shocks, the on going issues with the radio, condensation in light fittings, squeaks and rattles to name a few I am getting worired about what else is to come, it took 4500 miles before I started to have problems with the fuel filler cap (and one person has mentioned that their dealership has had 100% of customers back with this particular problem) and now it seems there is a growing list of people who can not open their boots/doors!! How long will it be before we all have that or an another "new" problem?

One or two teething problems is not acceptable but tolerable, on going lists and dealerships unable to fix them is unforgivable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The replacement shockers for my civic are on back order (or so I am told) - been waiting three weeks upto now - probably wont get sorted until New Year.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Thing is though..

The shocks got sorted quickly
rattles happen in any car model, just get the dealer to sort it
condensation in the light is a bit odd, but hardly a major fault
fuel filler cap is a pain, and is very poor, but they are fixing/replacing

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thing is though..

The shocks got sorted quickly
rattles happen in any car model, just get the dealer to sort it
condensation in the light is a bit odd, but hardly a major fault
fuel filler cap is a pain, and is very poor, but they are fixing/replacing
Yep your right about the shocks, In respect of the rattles I do not believe that rattles happen on every car (I have had cars in the past and know of people with different models who have no rattles) and from what I keep reading they are not being fixed, condensation may not be a major fault but when its bad it looks unsightly and there is no fix, fuel filler cap is a pain and not being fixed properly, people are still complaining that it happens even after the fix.

There are too many problems and it is a shame that ongoing issues together with lack of customer support is resulting in some people getting rid of their cars.

As I said these are a few of the problems and not all of them are evident upon delivery of the car, some of them seem to appear after a few thousand miles or so, which is why I am concerned that there could be more issues to comem on the earlier models.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey your getting me concerned if ive done the right thing in ordering mine which is due in January!!
Your crazy spending all that money when there will be lots of cheap second hand ones available soon ;)

Sorry! That wasn't my intention, I think its mainly the early models that are having more of the problems and despite my concerns I do still like my car, just upset it has problems but despite it all I would actually buy another one but preferably problem free :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you want to hear some real squeaks and rattles, sit in a opel(vauxhall) vectra :) Been there yesterday, the assortment of various noises it produces is a real treat for one's ears (not).

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Topcat

This is a brand new car. There will be problems. The amount of components that go to make up a car are loads. It's inevitable that there will be problems. Thats why I have waiting a long time before ordering mine. I think there will have to be a new mechanism for the Fuel filler cap and it may not appear on my model. The rattles and squeaks are pot luck I'm afraid. Unless you want a handbuilt car!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hi Topcat

This is a brand new car. There will be problems. The amount of components that go to make up a car are loads. It's inevitable that there will be problems. Thats why I have waiting a long time before ordering mine. I think there will have to be a new mechanism for the Fuel filler cap and it may not appear on my model. The rattles and squeaks are pot luck I'm afraid. Unless you want a handbuilt car!
Hi,
I have read cases of people who have bought handbuilt cars and still have problems with rattles and squeaks,as you say,pot luck.:eek: all the best.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rant mode on

No this is definatly not pot luck, with the amount of people suffering squeaks and rattles from the dash area i would be more inclined to say that it is an inherent fault. On a cheap car i could probably live with it and had I gone for one of my other choices, All of which were cheaper i would probably not have a problem, but i didnt i went for another Honda. I did this because of their reputation for build quality and reliablility, and I chose it cause I had 2 previous Civics both of which were solid as a rock, but this is my opinion is a farce and a joke, how they can get it this wrong is beyond me and the fact that the car has been out for over a year yet their are still no sure fire fixes for cars affected is crazy, and when you have to take your car to them so it can be looked at and you have to pay them £11 a day for a courtesy car really takes the pee.

Rant mode off

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Rant mode on

No this is definatly not pot luck, with the amount of people suffering squeaks and rattles from the dash area i would be more inclined to say that it is an inherent fault. On a cheap car i could probably live with it and had I gone for one of my other choices, All of which were cheaper i would probably not have a problem, but i didnt i went for another Honda. I did this because of their reputation for build quality and reliablility, and I chose it cause I had 2 previous Civics both of which were solid as a rock, but this is my opinion is a farce and a joke, how they can get it this wrong is beyond me and the fact that the car has been out for over a year yet their are still no sure fire fixes for cars affected is crazy, and when you have to take your car to them so it can be looked at and you have to pay them £11 a day for a courtesy car really takes the pee.

Rant mode off
Bet your dealer has to hire a minder when you visit.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well, including mine, I have driven two other Civics, all have dashboard rattles. Mine rattles more than any other car I have owned, including 12 year old British Leylands.

In 43 years of other car ownership I have been back to the dealers just ONCE.
In 6 months of Civic ownership I have been back maybe EIGHT times and haven't had the dashboard looked at yet.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi itsrelfy

I agree with you. There Should be consistency of production especially on a £16,000 car. Seven years ago I decided to buy a Mercedes A Class because I thought Mercedes Build Quality and reliability were second to none. When the car was first built it failed the elk test, rattled like nothing you've ever seen before, Rear suspension rust problems, thin paint!, gearlever rubber coming off, front suspension problems etc. This was a £17500 car! I bought mine two years later and for the most part was ok until the rear suspension failed after 30,000 miles. The point I am making is brand new concepts are prone to problems and even after my car was in production for 2 years it still had problems.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hi itsrelfy

I agree with you. There Should be consistency of production especially on a £16,000 car. Seven years ago I decided to buy a Mercedes A Class because I thought Mercedes Build Quality and reliability were second to none. When the car was first built it failed the elk test, rattled like nothing you've ever seen before, Rear suspension rust problems, thin paint!, gearlever rubber coming off, front suspension problems etc. This was a £17500 car! I bought mine two years later and for the most part was ok until the rear suspension failed after 30,000 miles. The point I am making is brand new concepts are prone to problems and even after my car was in production for 2 years it still had problems.
So what you're saying is we have more problems to look forward to.:(

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi alastair b

On the the plus side there doesn't appear to be any serious mechanical faults so far. It appears that they have to iron out some production problems and design faults eg: fuel filler cap, bonding of rear screen and paint thickness. The rest is pure quality control. Honda sells their cars on reliability and quality. They will not want to let this slip I can assure you! Look at Meredes Benz latest press release. They actually admitted that they let there standards slip but have now rectified it. What an admission!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi itsrelfy

You sure it wasn't a Civic in disguise ;)

1 - 20 of 85 Posts