2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I want to do this. I can afford a lot better cars than an 8G Type R, but I think the new Rs are hideous and I just like this shape. My old Type S GT-T has 36k on the clock. What is the price difference here?

Anyway, just perusing Autotrader and... these 8G Rs are like hen's teeth? Is this going to be a labored find? Will most Rs now be knackered?

EDIT: Wrong subforum.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
There are enough out there, but there were only about 7,500 registered in UK I believe.
I suspect you will have to come over the water to get one though.

There are 166 on autotrader now with lots in the Midlands and Scotland.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I traded my old FN1 for an FN2 and never regretted it one bit.

Looked for a while to find one local in SW Scotland in the condition I wanted.

I’m thinking of selling it now or keeping it and going down the supercharged route.
Trouble is I don’t actually know what else I would have as a replacement!

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Do it!
It will be a task to find low milage, looked after, excellent history example, but market price for this cars went down recently(don’t understand why - its a car that been sent from heaven :grin2:), so you have a chance to find a good example for cheap. Good time to buy fn2.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Get on the ferry to Scotland, there's about 3,000 championship white fn2s north of the border :laugh2:

Seriously, I've had a 1.8 and an fn2, you won't regret it.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,131 Posts
Trouble is with an fn2 its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon believe me !
The smiles per gallon also comes with bullet proof reliability compared to other marques. Driven sensibly you can get 30mpg out of one, that's still very good for a high revving N/A engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts