2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've decided to attempt, if not too difficult, to try and iron out the buzzes and rattles that my 10G Civic continues to demonstrate on a daily basis.

Firstly I need to be able to remove the sun roof control/reading light panel as I suspect there is a cable vibrating in their. How can I remove this panel?

Secondly I want to be able to see what's buzzing above the drivers head in the head liner. Does this just pull down from the velcro type fixings around the sun roof opening?

Thirdly the B-Pillar interior trim, how does one remove this?

Providing I can get in to these areas I plan to use some furniture foam to hopefully alleviate the noises.

I am going to remove the drivers A-Pillar too and have a look, but I'm pretty sure I can do that easy enough.

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
Sun roof control block.
Using a plastic tool, gently lever off the two switch/lens covers, starting at the inner (hinge side) front corner. There are then two cross head screws that hold the unit to the roof.

I believe (but by no means certain) that there is a screw under the air bag warning 'cover' at the top of the A pillar.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I didn't need to remove the sun roof control block, I was able to access what I needed to by merely pulling down the roof liner and inserting a piece of furniture foam to stop the noise.

Pulling down the roof liner above my head allowed me to insert a piece of foam also - there's a run of wires running down the car along the inside of the roof liner and it isn't completely fixed in place so it must be 'tapping' on the roof liner with any movement from the car. Looks like this annoyance is sorted too!

The A-Pillar did indeed have a philips screw underneath the cover. Unscrewed and with a small amount of movement pulled the trim out.

I stuck on a foam pad at the bottom where it meets the dashboard, and at the top where it meets the roof liner (belt and braces approach) and so far so good!

The B Pillar I've not dabbled with yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts