2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be treating myself to a celtic file only remap and going to upload it myself using the galletto 1260.

Does anyone know if the flashing software will work on windows 7/vista?
If it is only possible on windows xp i will have to back up and reformat one of my systems ready for the remap.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Why risk a failed flash and a 4-figure bill for a bricked ECU under Vista/7? Not worth it. :facepalm:

**Use XP Only*** ;)

Even then, you should first copy the contents of the disc to your HDD and run it from there, for good measure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you have OEM Windows - install "Windows XP Mode" in W7. I made it like that and Remapped my car alone... Files of software and map is on desktop - not on disc..

P.S. and now I have both windows without dual boot...there is just an Icon "Windows XP Mode" and XP is going to start or when closing goes to hibernate - AND ALL THE TIME YOU ARE IN W7 also...

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you have OEM Windows - install "Windows XP Mode" in W7. I made it like that and Remapped my car alone... Files of software and map is on desktop - not on disc..

P.S. and now I have both windows without dual boot...there is just an Icon "Windows XP Mode" and XP is going to start or when closing goes to hibernate - AND ALL THE TIME YOU ARE IN W7 also...
Actually it works just fine under windows 7 without XP mode. I did it and it worked like a charm. Just make sure you manually install the drivers for the cable.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Works fine in windows 7, I have it loaded on along with all my other flash and diagnostic applications including the professional stuff. No issues at all. You may also want to consider our unique EGR OFF software, we also do a file only service. Plenty of threads and positive feedback on it in this section and the Accord forums.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick response guys, i think I'll give it ago with windows 7.

@ F6HAD, What sort of power gains do your maps offer? And @ what sort of price please?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All done fella's, been down to see F6HAD and got myself a stage 2 remap with EGR OFF
Well pleased with the results from the journey home, I will be reviewing and leaving feedback in a week or 2.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, still on the OEM clutch mate, when it goes i'll get a CG clutch.
If this one last's 6 months i'll be a happy man

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seem's quieter all round mate, ignition start idle and on acceleration. Very pleased

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, as far as I know the clutch is the original clutch and my car is on a 58 plate.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts