2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Civic 1.6 I-DTEC SR
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these wind deflectors get in the way of your view of the wing mirrors at all? I’m thinking of getting some wind deflectors but really want some that do not obscure the wing mirrors at all if possible. I want to see 100% of each mirror (without looking through a bit of the deflector) I can see from photos of the Climair deflectors that the vertical piece that sits near the mirrors is fairly thin so they may be ok.

Wonder why manufacturers don’t put wind deflectors on their cars at the factory, or at least offer them. They do seem to have benefits.

cheers

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
461 Posts
I have them on my car and don’t obscure my view to the wing mirrors. Better fitting than the heko as no clips are require to keep them in place. They are not as dark as the heko though, they are more smoked.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them on my car and don’t obscure my view to the wing mirrors. Better fitting than the heko as no clips are require to keep them in place. They are not as dark as the heko though, they are more smoked.
Cheers, that’s good news. I wouldn’t want them extremely dark anyway. If they cause any kind of visibility issue then I’d rather not fit them.

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Honda do deflectors but of course require a small mortgage to buy them.

·
Registered
Honda Civic MK9 2015 Facelift 1.6 I-DTEC
61 Posts
Really? Does anyone have a part number so I can check them out? Be interested to know how much Honda want.

ta
I did have Heko's for my MK9 however they obstruct my left mirror so bad that I had to change them for some Type R and it is quite a tight fit which the windows struggle. Not sure about the ClimAir ones.

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
Really? Does anyone have a part number so I can check them out? Be interested to know how much Honda want.

ta
go to cox motor parts and search "wind" then you will get a list of the cars to choose yours

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
113 Posts
I have Climair on the 8th Gen, no problems, very secure, unlike the Heko ones that came with it, which now reside in the Bin.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
461 Posts
Here is a pic as you can see no obstruction to look in the mirror, very good fitment and quality is good

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
go to cox motor parts and search "wind" then you will get a list of the cars to choose yours
Thanks mate, just had a look. They don’t seem to have any for the 9g. The styling of the 10g deflectors look great though, if they’re anything to go by.

this style sticks to the outside of the car right? Doesn’t that make them easier to nick? I guess the little sods will nick them no matter how they’re fixed if they want to. Presumably the ones that sit in the channel are slightly harder to get off in one piece?

if I went directly to Honda would they be able to still supply them? Or order them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a pic as you can see no obstruction to look in the mirror, very good fitment and quality is good
nice. They’re well out the way aren’t they. Cool. I have had deflectors before years ago on a golf, I found I was looking round them kinda, when approaching a roundabout for instance. i think they were wider and darker though. That’s why I’m a little wary putting them on the civic, although I really want some ha!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This chap has Honda wind deflectors by the look of it? on the first white civic on the page. They might not be.

I better go and ask him.....they look pretty cool whatever they are.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Any one after 8th gen climair, they are 41 quid on euro car parts currently. Nearly 20 quid cheaper than anywhere else I can find them. I’m replacing my front Hekos tomorrow as they are looking really tired and scratched for some reason

·
Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
113 Posts
Any one after 8th gen climair, they are 41 quid on euro car parts currently. Nearly 20 quid cheaper than anywhere else I can find them. I’m replacing my front Hekos tomorrow as they are looking really tired and scratched for some reason
That's where I got mine, took the Climair stickers off with isopropyl alcohol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts