2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I fancy myself the new R, and would love to order one when it's available. My question is, how quickly will my FN2 depreciate in the next 6 months?

Looking at online valuation sites and autotrader. my 07 plate R with 80k on the clock goes for around £4800-£5200. (I'd be stripping the car of mods obviously, to sell sperate)

Is it worth selling up now, slapping 3k as a deposit on the new R now and drive around in a cheapo diesel until the new R is ready?

Cheers
 

·
more torque than the mrs
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
if your in a position to do that i'd say go for it..depreciation on the R is only going to be marginal as its reached an age where they tend to lose a couple of hundred as apposed to thousands.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know that the value of the car won't depreciate too much from now.
What's made the idea more interesting is that Honda have said they would take my car as the early delivery deposit, and give me the change left over also..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
142 Posts
Tempting if you're already thinking about it I guess, especially if you've had the car for a while.

Have they said they'd still take the car part-ex when the new R is released? I'd wait for the user reviews before I handed over an FN2 though, or at least until you're able to test drive.

My pre-order experience of cars is non existent, but even pre-ordering in general is something I'm wary of since I have no idea on the product before I've committed to buying it.

Personal preference though at the end of the day, so good luck if you decide to go down that route.

P.S. If you do decide to sell, I'd be interested in the Milltek non-res catback ;D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tempting if you're already thinking about it I guess, especially if you've had the car for a while.

Have they said they'd still take the car part-ex when the new R is released? I'd wait for the user reviews before I handed over an FN2 though, or at least until you're able to test drive.

My pre-order experience of cars is non existent, but even pre-ordering in general is something I'm wary of since I have no idea on the product before I've committed to buying it.

Personal preference though at the end of the day, so good luck if you decide to go down that route.

P.S. If you do decide to sell, I'd be interested in the Milltek non-res catback ;D
Currently there is a 3k deposit for the first batch in july. My local Honda have said they'd take my car as that deposit and give me the extra value in cash aswell.

I did think to wait, but I can only see the car being better than an FN2 :worms:

Speaking to the dealer, the deposit is refundable. They'll have a demo car when the first batch arrive, rest of the deposit of the finance is due when car arrives at the dealership. If I don't like the car when I test drive, I can get my deposit back and go for something else.

I'll keep you in mind with that ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
142 Posts
Cool, sounds like you've thought about that then.

Worst case scenario is that you trade up your FN2 and dislike the new R I guess, but like you said probably less likely to happen if you're already contemplating it.

Can't imagine the drive itself being a step down or inferior to the FN2, the exterior just isn't my cup of tea.

Whatever you decide, don't forget to get some pics up of the new R if you decide on it ;).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,705 Posts
Hi All,

I fancy myself the new R, and would love to order one when it's available. My question is, how quickly will my FN2 depreciate in the next 6 months?

Looking at online valuation sites and autotrader. my 07 plate R with 80k on the clock goes for around £4800-£5200. (I'd be stripping the car of mods obviously, to sell sperate)

Is it worth selling up now, slapping 3k as a deposit on the new R now and drive around in a cheapo diesel until the new R is ready?

Cheers
I'm in the same position as you, and in 2 minds. I wouldn't want the first batch though as there will be some niggles as per previous generations. Think I'll wait for the 65 plate.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top