2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gaz
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i need some advice / re-assurance please.

The question is, do i get another Type R?

I had an ep3 4 years back and had to sell it due to being able to afford it, just not much else!

Alot has changed since then, im earning better money for a start, insurance will be ALOT less, but fuel and running costs will have increased. I think it was £1.30ish a liter for v-power back in the day.

Right now ive got a little 1.6 diesel fiesta zetec S. Tax is £30 a year, Insurance group 6 and 500+ miles for £60 of fuel..

I know i want another, but the other half is putting me off, saying i should spend the money on "us" (her)! im not joking, she said that and my dad also isnt keen for me to get another..

Someone tell me im doing the right thing by chasing my v-tec cravings..

Gaz.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Do it if you can afford it! :)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Go for it mate, you won't regret it :D

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Tripple check the figures stack up mate - No car is worth being in un-manageable miserable dept for, no matter how addictive the engine:)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The snake with t1ts will always say that re money, they all do, get the car and sod the lot of em.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
12 months tax £260,
get about 300 miles to a tank,think thats about £55 to fill.
then theres your insurance im currently paying £450 for me and the wife,
then you start modding it £££££££££
but if you can afford it now do it you will end up with a big smile on your face:).

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Tripple check the figures stack up mate - No car is worth being in un-manageable miserable dept for, no matter how addictive the engine:)
+1 for this. Make absolutely sure you will be able to afford it. But if the figures work out right... you only live once! :popcorn:

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Do it! :D It's worth being poor for.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Do it! Driving to work is bad enough but in a Fiesta it must be a miserable experience.
Tell the missus a CTR is man jewellery - maybe she will understand then, lol.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
:lol: Man jewellery, I like it!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
500 miles will be about £100 but enjoying life is far more important than how much money you have in the bank. Buy the ctr and wipe your mind of civinfo as this forum is the slippery slope to financial ruin.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Very true. I would have been completely happy with a bog standard Type R before I came here. Why oh why did I join!!! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Some people have more restraint than others. My restraint can't watch me all the time and needs her sleep. Thats when I strike lol. Most of my purchases have been after midnight or not what I was supposed to buy in the first place.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
See I try to restrain by not buying huge performance upgrades but end up spending the money on other things instead. I've spent £350 on cleaning products and new registration plates this month. All the little things add up, I shoulda just got a new exhaust and FlashPro! :lol:

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
you gotta cut your cloth accordingly ,if you can afford it then go for it but if it's a stretch then dont :)

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Will having it affect your going out, having a meal, takeaways, holidays, if so then dont bother, but if youve still got enough spare cash to do everything else that makes life good, then do it now!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts