2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family planning. Yes you guessed it.. I'm 99.9% settled on buying a Honda Civic. I have driven the Petrol 1.8 sport and the Diesel Sport. I found that i had to change gear quite a bit with the Petrol; the diesel seemed to pull in almost any gear. Strange thing is, never been a fan of diesel engines.

Have almost made my mind up to buy the 5 door diesel EX model. I was thinking of adding the glass roof and the City Pack. I have contacted Honda to ask the price of the Sat Nav update disks; I read that they were 200 pounds. If so, do I buy lower end model with no Sat Nav and stick a Tom Tom in the car. Other question, I average about 12,000 - 13,000 miles. Will a diesel be a mistake on running costs. And finally; I have been told if I want the next Reg release in September have to think about putting the 500 pound deposit down now to get one for September. And I will be in the position to walk into the Honda dealer with CASH, no PX etc; just crisp 20 pound notes, so what should I be paying... The sleepless night I am having at the moment just to decide on what to do... So that's me Jagged aka "Dave".. by the way, Jagged is not how rough I look, it's the name of an Music Album..:?:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Go for the diesel it's bloody brilliant, I don;t think I'll ever go back to petrol in a car (I'll save that for the bikes) unless I buy a Ferrari. Form what others have said about the satnav (you can't add POI's so no camera database) I'd go with the TomTom option I have.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Depends how often you would really use the NAV, it's good for what it is, large screen, fully integrated, pretty good on features. The diesel is always going to make more sense financially if you do big milage, I don't so I'm not saving much (if anything), I just bought the diesel for the performance.

The Roof + leather will add about £1k to the price, the city pack another £600-£650, the fact that you're paying in cash means you might be able to negotiate on these as the dealer will be getting a quick sale. Try a few dealers, go for whoever gives you the best price, play them off one another, you'd be surprised how low some will go.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Have a look at what the city pack contains and price up the components individually.

I initially looked at the complete city pack and then reduced this to parking sensors, side body protectors and the mats, mainly because I considered the corner mouldings to be ugly and ruined the lines.

I saved £600 because they threw the mats in FOC.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Welcome Jagged - passing on a tip given to me on this site - go & do it you know you want to. Come and join the growing band of future owners of the 2.2EX w/glassroof.

If you order it now you might just get it in about September - it seems the glassroof'd cars are a bit prone to the odd delay[smilie=cheeky-grin:.[/COLOR]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanx everyone. I will take on board all the advice and start investigating. I did contact Honda to ask how much officially the SAT NAV update disk was... 190 pounds, don't know if that is plus vat.. Again thank you all and I will start getting my hands dirty now. Interesting comment about the city pack... I will go and have a look to see what it is you actually get on the car... Back soon with an update.. Dave ( by the way I live just outside Portsmouth in Hampshire ) would I do better buying in different region..

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Reckon the Space Ship would look real cool with a '57 plate.

Prices? Haggle twix the dealers, 'cos it's your money you'll be saving.

Spec? Again check what you get at what price & from which stealer.

Some stealers on this site have thrown in loads of toys to get the sale.

Just go Civic.

"Apart from cheese and tulips, the main product from Holland is Advocaat.. A drink that, I believe, is made from Lawyers!"

Charles H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts