2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Please feel free to shoot me down if this is a well known thing or if I'm being an idiot...

However, do the electric mirrors fold independently?

Reason I ask is that in the photo below (from the post below on Type R Owners Forum) the CW Type R appears to have only one mirror folded up?? I didn't know this was possible?

Mugen FN2 concept test drive/review. - Type R Owners Forums

Is this my eyes fooling me? is this possible?

Cheers

Ant

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that they operate individually, as in they have their own motor etc... but can this actually be controlled?

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I think you will find that that has been folded manually not electrically... [smilie=noeyedear-s:

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
I think you will find that that has been folded manually not electrically... [smilie=noeyedear-s:[/quote]

This...

No they can't be controlled individually - even if, as described, they are running seperately (explaining why one folds before the other etc. etc.)

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Has anyone ever folded their mirror manually? Its makes a horrid clicking noise as if the mechanism is being forced so much its gonna break. Don't attempt it haha

·
Registered
234 Posts
I folded mine manualy for many times and nothing happened... I'm guessing that electronical mechanism do not move while you fold and unfold your mirrors manualy.
No need to worry ;)

·
3,295 Posts
abecelius said:
I folded mine manualy for many times and nothing happened... I'm guessing that electronical mechanism do not move while you fold and unfold your mirrors manualy.
No need to worry ;)
I am sure soon you will have to replace both motors for your wing mirrors then! He he

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Has anyone ever folded their mirror manually? Its makes a horrid clicking noise as if the mechanism is being forced so much its gonna break. Don't attempt it haha
It does. Truely horrible.
I returned to my car in a car park to find that one mirror had been folded in :mad:. Clicking it back into position made me feel like i was damaging it.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought! That's why I was surprised to see this on a new CW in a showroom!

·
Registered
142 Posts
back to the question ..... :D I always press the button on the door. Would be excellent if they folded when locking the car or something.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
back to the question ..... :D I always press the button on the door. Would be excellent if they folded when locking the car or something.
Do a search on this forum and you will find the instructions. ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
So can they be closed while the car is still running.This would be great for me getting one in a garage

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
So can they be closed while the car is still running.This would be great for me getting one in a garage
They can be closed while on the move, when stopped etc as long as there is power to the ignition, you can press the switch any time

·
3,295 Posts
They can be closed while on the move, when stopped etc as long as there is power to the ignition, you can press the switch any time
I think Ian was talking about doing it manually

·
Registered
308 Posts
What i meant was,can i pull up on my drive,close the mirrors and then open up my garage and put the car away whilst its running?????

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts