2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as title suggests idle is jumping about and when I have stopped sometimes the engine stalls! Driving at low rpm between 2000 and 3000 rpm the car judders so I have to drop it down a gear! I had a similar issue when my intake hose split! I have checked and there are no splits anywhere! Havnt had any new bits on my car and it has only just started happening! The only thing I have done different is put sainsbury petrol in!
Any suggestions?

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Hi guys as title suggests idle is jumping about and when I have stopped sometimes the engine stalls! Driving at low rpm between 2000 and 3000 rpm the car judders so I have to drop it down a gear! I had a similar issue when my intake hose split! I have checked and there are no splits anywhere! Havnt had any new bits on my car and it has only just started happening! The only thing I have done different is put sainsbury petrol in!
Any suggestions?
funny you should say that my car is going in on saturday for the same issue ,however mine does'nt stall it is mainly when starting up the idle jumps around and is erratic. Might be an ecu fault or headgasket ? check your oil cap to see if it's milky .Or might be the radiator ? just speculating bro ,I hope u get it sorted .

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
i put bp fuel in my car the other week and had nothing but problems :S its now ok after running tesco 99 through the system

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put bp fuel in my car the other week and had nothing but problems :S its now ok after running tesco 99 through the system
Can petrol make that much difference?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Sainburys petrol station near me had a lot of water in their fuel thus they had to pay a few repair bills, hope it not a similar problem mate....

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sainburys petrol station near me had a lot of water in their fuel thus they had to pay a few repair bills, hope it not a similar problem mate....
Hope not as well! But how can I tell if it's a dodgy batch of petrol?

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
Hope not as well! But how can I tell if it's a dodgy batch of petrol?
this happend to a mate of mine who got petrol from a tesco so now I always keep a receipt so I can prove where I got the petrol from.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Send me a datalog and I can check the obvious sensors as both maf and O2 sensor "could" cause this but very uncommon. Would suspect fuel contamination. Get tank as low as you can and get some Tesco99 or Blower in and see if it improves. ;)

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys! What will you need for the data log Paul?

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I had this problem at about 1800RPM after having an HKS RSK fitted, it was to do with the airflow over the maf sensor causing strange readings. The guys at TDI sorted this out for me and now the car is as sweet as a nut again!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it is dodgy fuel and I drive the car will it damage the engine?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ****!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have sent a data log Paul! Cheers

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I took the air box off and found a split in the intake pipe! I have the fd2 pipe because I've got the large throttle body and the fn2 pipe split as its too tight!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts