2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I was just wondering if anyone else out there gets any back ache problems with there type r seats ???

I have been suffering with back ache on and off for the past few month and the type r seats seem to make it worse.... I have had a couple of typre r's in the past and never had any issues....????

Just interested to see if anyone esle has issues ?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
A couple of guys have complained about it, I found the seats not condusive to an achefree back (one of the list of reasons why I didn't get an R).

Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thing is... i have never suffered from back issues, but i am now on my 8th session at phisio...and tend to drive 1.5 hrs to work each day... fooking m6...and the seats may not be helping !!!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
You should try an osteopath rather than a physio (they are apparently more qualified, or so I'm told, sounds like rivalry to me though), and you should try a back-rest/cushion, your physio/osteopath should know which would suit you more (I' use one and it makes a world of difference).

Tom

·
Banned
165 Posts
I do approx 100 miles a day in mine. No probelms with my seats, or my back.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I also hurt my back at the gym last year and had a disk injury. The seats are comfortable and support your back, but the backache is more down to the hash ride. Try and having the seat upright as it supports your back more. I'm 6ft.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I feel weedy now at 5'10 :(

T

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try ajusting my seat again....problem is apart from the back pain...i like how i have the seat setup.....grrr....I will give it a go....it is good to know that other people have had some issues.....

the seats cant differ that musch from the original type r... in fact my mind seems top tell me they must almost be the same ?

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
I have to say that I still don't have any issues with the seat. I didn't have a real problem either when I was pregnant. I have always been one for sitting up straight though :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
someone in work said yesterday this was highlighted in the whatcar long term type r review.

I havent seen it but car was ok bar back problems, i do get it now and again but for the most its fine :)

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
I love the firm ride in my CTR. The seats are the best and most comfortable i have ever had to sit in. :smile:

I have had a long term back problem that i have treatment for, on a regular basis. What is all the fuss about. :confused:

I admit it bounces a bit when going through town and pot holes, etc. but when you speed up it tends to be a smoother ride. Don't forget it's a sports car :razz:

This subject is already being covered on the firm suspension thread

·
Registered
231 Posts
This could occour in any car... The problem isnt the seats but its your back.....

I had the same problems a while ago, i then had a peugeot 307xsi with the most comfortable seats ever, with all adjustments...

I suggest try to sit upright and shoot your lower back forward!
And start training your back and belly muscles [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm well i have been in traing on my 8th session of phisio....back is getting better slowly.... just cant help think that the way the bottom of the seats slopes back just isnt helping...

your right though... it could happen in any car ! no trying to blame the car...who would... i just think there isnt quite enough support on the lower section of the seats !!

my mk5 golf gti and subaru sti.... never seemed to have this type of problem....!....but in addtion my old type r was also fine !

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think that the seats are fine as long as you place them properly upright! I hurt my back 8 months ago and also had 10 sessions of physio, it has nt made it worse. I also travel an hour to and from work everyday.
If anything they give better support than the normal seats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts