2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I bought my fn2 last week, just changed the bulbs to something a little brighter and whiter and fitted the genuine Honda mats, so the spending has already started :p.

Im pretty lucky to stumble upon a good car, when I bought it I though it only had Team Dynamics pro race wheels but yesterday I discovered it also has Stop Tech discs, Cosworth pads and braided lines, result! :grin2:

The previous owner seems like an enthusiast, he owned it from new, serviced it properly and its never had an advisory on any MOT. I've searched the forum to see if the car was previously on here but can't find anything, does anyone know it?

I'm going to take the car to tdi north for a remap as soon as possible but considering the mods that have been made its likely that it may have already been done, is there anyway to check?

Cheers, Liam.

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Nice wheels ;)

Have you checked the exhaust to see if oem? A pic under the bonnet would be good. Eagle eyes on here will spot anything "different"

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Don't bother with a remap matey unless you have bits to add on, mainly CAI and exhaust at least.

It's cheaper to buy a flashpro and put group n on rather than pay at least £550 for not many gains unless you want the extras like flat foot shifting etc.

If you do go that route however Paul will likely lower the VTEC crossover to around 4k and it'll run a little better but not worth the costs IMO on stock. Looks like you got some nice little extra bits however :)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice wheels ;)

Have you checked the exhaust to see if oem? A pic under the bonnet would be good. Eagle eyes on here will spot anything "different"
Im guessing you have the same, I didn't like them when I first saw them but they've grown on me quickly. I'll get a picture up at the weekend of the engine bay, with the exemption of a blue hose it looks standard to me :frown2:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't bother with a remap matey unless you have bits to add on, mainly CAI and exhaust at least.

It's cheaper to buy a flashpro and put group n on rather than pay at least £550 for not many gains unless you want the extras like flat foot shifting etc.

If you do go that route however Paul will likely lower the VTEC crossover to around 4k and it'll run a little better but not worth the costs IMO on stock. Looks like you got some nice little extra bits however :)
Whats group n? Is it a generic map? The main reason I wanted the remap was to actually lower the vtec cross over to make the car a bit more drivable, rather than having to thrash it.

My long term plan is to get the Rotrex sport kit, but keep the rest of the car fairly stock, I'm not sure what to do with the exhaust, I really don't like the constant drowning, my old 350z had a magna flow system and it was unbearable.

·
4,277 Posts
Group n is the basic map and raises the rev limit to 8500 and lowers vtec to 3800. Comes "free" with a flashpro that can be nabbed for £350-400 and resold for pretty much same amount if you decide to get a proper ecutek map.

flashpro/36303-flashpro-group-n-review.html

·
4,277 Posts
Most FN2 exhausts don't drone barring the 3" ones and martelius

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
The car is designed to be thrashed, lowering the vtec point with suitable mods improves the mid range. Coming out of a corner in second to 8600 rpm makes you realise why you like the car ;)

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being pretty budget conscious ill be on the lookout for a second hand flashpro, found one on eBay yesterday but he left the map on his old car so I assume the actual unit is virtually useless now?

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Yep, worth nothing as it is,
Unless you're chasing numbers I would go for the ecutek package at TDI north, I've read nothing but good things about them

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice wheels ;)

Heres a pic of the engine bay, apart from the blue hose I think its all standard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts