2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst trying to find another fault I discovered this plug under the dash which isn't connected to anything. Does anybody have any idea what it is or could be for? 馃様

Attachments

Premium Member
Is the not the plug for accessing airbag reset.
I'm sure that's the plug used to reset the srs system using a paperclip.
Underneath the steering wheel fuse box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Forget what I said just noticed the wire your talking about is next to obd port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok, I felt underneath and then saw it was loose so wondered what it could be. I've been trying to diagnose why my foot and centre dash heater vents aren't working but all the othe vents do

Premium Member
HI. If your fan is working fine (as you said), then try to hear a circulation and flap motors running? If you keep your head under the steering wheel and then try to change the way the air comes out (mode switch) then you should be able o hear the electric flap adjuster working. I not then the recirculation module is to be diagnosed for loose wire or short...
If you hear the motor working but the airflow direction does not change, you have to look under/behind center console to check module for mechanical fault (loose flap/stuck etc.)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Oh dear, sounds like it could be a pretty big / expensive job then of the module needs to be replaced?

Does anybody know how much they are to replace?

HI. If your fan is working fine (as you said), then try to hear a circulation and flap motors running? If you keep your head under the steering wheel and then try to change the way the air comes out (mode switch) then you should be able o hear the electric flap adjuster working. I not then the recirculation module is to be diagnosed for loose wire or short...
If you hear the motor working but the airflow direction does not change, you have to look under/behind center console to check module for mechanical fault (loose flap/stuck etc.)

Registered
If I can recall correctly, that looks like the plug that goes into the bluetooth module (i might just be completely wrong!)

Do you have the HFT module?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
Ah right, I'll have a look later then. So would one of the foot lighting kits literally just plug into those connectors? Would it need additional wiring hooked up elsewhere?

if you look at your first pic. There is a plug that has the same coloured wires and the same connector plugged in to a black component on the left.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #15
Checked today and the fan is working fine but when I press mode I cannot hear any flap motors changing when i press the mode button so I'm guessing it's gonna be a half the dash out job to access the faulty part? :(

Premium Member
There is some access from the driver footwell, you can see the module just to the left. When I change the mode there is noticeable noise from the regulator motors.
Sounds like its got stuck for some reason, banging it doesn't help I suppose:)?

Premium Member
I think it's the foot well lighting loom.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to be a pain but could you possibly take a pic to show the part im looking for by the drivers footwell?

Thanks you

There is some access from the driver footwell, you can see the module just to the left. When I change the mode there is noticeable noise from the regulator motors.
Sounds like its got stuck for some reason, banging it doesn't help I suppose:)?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #19
Well I found out today that the plug actually connects to a second mode control motor up under the dash so I connected it up and hey presto the mode control now works and I had all vents working again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts