2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, does everyone have trouble with the boot opening about half way and then it needs lifting the other half? is this a simple problem that can be fixed or a common problem with the civic that i just have to live with?

thanks to all :D

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
As the title suggests, does everyone have trouble with the boot opening about half way and then it needs lifting the other half? is this a simple problem that can be fixed or a common problem with the civic that i just have to live with?

thanks to all :D
Yes, it's due to the cold I find as the problem disappears in the warmer weather.
There was a discussion last winter about getting stronger pistons to lift it but don't think anything ever came of it.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah cheers for that i thought it was getting worse but didnt think it would be the weather :/ fair enough ill live with it as nothings perfect haha

and by the way syx loving the new Avatar pic ;)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
ah cheers for that i thought it was getting worse but didnt think it would be the weather :/ fair enough ill live with it as nothings perfect haha

and by the way syx loving the new Avatar pic ;)
Cheers bud, figured I'd share the awesomeness :D

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
yes - I've got this issue and the bruises to prove it:mad:

I've finally trained myself to push it up the last few inches thus protecting precious brain cells!

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is pure awesomeness my friend ;)

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes - I've got this issue and the bruises to prove it:mad:

I've finally trained myself to push it up the last few inches thus protecting precious brain cells!
ye it is annoying but ill let it go as there isnt much i dislike about the civic :D but ye them brain cells are pretty precious haha

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Inspite of owning a civic for the last 5 years and being well aware of this problem, I still managed to crack my head on the boot the other night for the first time :facepalm:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
You can get the struts over-pressurised, or buy replacement high-pressure struts

Or, if you get a 'Trunk' (Type S) spoiler, it comes with a heavy duty strut

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inspite of owning a civic for the last 5 years and being well aware of this problem, I still managed to crack my head on the boot the other night for the first time :facepalm:
:facepalm: i havent done that yet but ive gone to throw something in the boot assuming its open and just thrown it at my car instead :/ :facepalm:

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can get the struts over-pressurised, or buy replacement high-pressure struts

are they expensive? and i cant see it being a DIY job on the boot?

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts

I got the Mugen spoiler and it came with new struts, still only goes half way..cracked my head about an hour ago lolol

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Yes, it's due to the cold I find as the problem disappears in the warmer weather.
There was a discussion last winter about getting stronger pistons to lift it but don't think anything ever came of it.
I remember that and never got round to doing it, but its bugging the **** out of me again this year...

Maybe worth reviving the thread and actually doing something this winter!

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I'm also having this problem on my Civic, the Mrs has a 350z with this problem which they do specific uprate struts for on SGS Engineering which cured the problem beautifully. I notice they have replacement struts on the site for a Civic but no uprated ones, which is what I would like for a bit of lee way so ive sent them an email to see if they could uprate a set slightly. Will let you know when they get back.

Hawker

1 - 20 of 63 Posts