2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was wondering if anyone knows if iPhone 4 works with Honda oem iPod interface 2006/2007 Part Number: 08A28-1J6-100 thanks Jamie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Honda OEM IPOD interface fitted to my 57 plate Type-S GT.

The iPhone shows a message saying that the accessory is not fully compatible and a 'Dismiss' button. The interface then works fine.

As a side note, I've bought a xcarlink interface to replace the OEM one because it locks out the IPOD which I find annoying..

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
A new update for iphone 4 is released.It's the iOS 4.2 which promises a better compatibility with car stereos that support playing music from devices such as ipod or iphone.My Civic which is the '09 facelift has a usb port in and it supports playing music from my iphone,although sometimes appears a message in the screen saying "unsupported",but if i reconnect the iphone then it dissapears and all works fine.At the moment,i am installing the iOS 4.2 on my iphone so i'll see if this message of "unsupported" stops appearing at all.The frequency is like 1 per 6-7 times that i connect my iphone to the usb port on my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys think I'll buy it then and hope it works. Saw one on eBay for a good price with the Y link Aswel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks guys think I'll buy it then and hope it works. Saw one on eBay for a good price with the Y link Aswel
can you please confirm it's working? I'm just about to buy one but I'm afraid it won't work well.

My questions:
- Does it use the display of headunit?
- Does it shows the artist and/or title?
- Does it charges the iPhone 4?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts