2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if and where a sub woofer would be in my 09 CRV EX? It has the touch screen sat-nav unit and the audio settings allow you to adjust the sub-woofer up and down but I'm not sure if this controls an actual sub-woofer or just the base in the speakers.

The bass does sound good to me but I'd be keen to know how many speakers it has and if there is a dedicated subwoofer and where in the car it is hiding. The manual was no help at all.

Thanks
Mike

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Hi bud
I had an 08 CRV same spec its located under the passenger seat mate.
Component speakers to the front two doors and coxails to the rear two.

I always thought the sound was great really too, have you got a memory card in the headunit yet for mp3's ?

Wardy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, didn't think to look under the seats. Thanks. By component do you mean separate tweeter and mid range?

I am very impressed with the sound and I think having a separate sub-woofer explains why. It also explains why I've not done anything about the annoying rattle yet as it is usually drowned out by the music.

I do have a 4GB card but as I've been on Spotify for a couple of years my mp3s are mostly out of date. Its a shame that the Bluetooth only works with the phone as plugging my iPhone in to use Spotify is a p.i.t.a. The kids Taylor Swift CD gets the most airtime.

I love the 'this is not a cup-holder' icon that appears on the screen when you flip it down, I guess they added that for the US market :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts