2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering fitting a DAB radio in place of the stock AM/FM radio.
Does the shark fin aerial support DAB or would a separate aerial be needed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read about issues where an amplified antenna is used (like the shark fin antenna on the Civic). I was wondering if the antenna on the Civic with the AM/FM radio supported DAB or if the models with DAB have a different antenna or additional wires coming from the antenna.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
I've fitted a dab radio and got the windscreen mounted aerial as recommended by the a pillar and reception isn't all that good. I did some research on the matter and what I found was that in order to get a very good dab signal you pretty much need to have some super expensive dab receiver like they put in some new cars from the factory rather than an aftermarket aerial. I just gave up on dab at that point. My dab signal is ok on the local channels but as soon as you drive out the area it goes off like the fm does. The dab signal on the likes of radio 1 etc is also questionable at times.

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
I remember a post by NH Dan on this and the pre MY13 shark fin aerial is not compatible with DAB.

The MY13 shark fin is apparently bigger (longer) than the MY12 due to the extra bits required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts