2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Maybe head unit now have more power and better sound,real 4x40w???
I didn't notice any difference on this as I (still :eek:) just have the stock Honda car audio/speakers.
But I guess if I've had a proper Car Audio set up with separate amp(s) installed, I would have noticed, no doubt...:p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for pictures,have you some picture without battery to see how it is without original honda battery holder.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
No, I have not, sorry!
Will post up some more photos when i get the new battery hold down clamp from Honda.
You can clearly see how much too short the standard holder is in pic #1 and 4. I think the pictures turned out well, if I may say so. (Finally got myself a digital camera, so I'm only practising. :p)

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
You see I had to put a couple of knots on the luggage strap in order to get it tight enough, I know it doesn't look very professional but it works, and thats all that matters..;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
No, I have not, sorry!
Will post up some more photos when i get the new battery hold down clamp from Honda.
You can clearly see how much too short the standard holder is in pic #1 and 4. I think the pictures turned out well, if I may say so. (Finally got myself a digital camera, so I'm only practising. :p)

Did you get new battery holder from honda???

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
My mate has a tuned up 205 (190bhp NA) and the battery kept on loosing charge somehow! so his mechanic fitted a lorry battery! its massive and takes up loads of his boot! but it works!!! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but thanks to Notso's information i fitted a 652 battery to my Civic yesterday....this one is 66Ah, but is pretty much the same...........AWESOME......am hoping that i will not have battery hassles for a looooong loooooooong time........will post pics, just need to find a decent battery strap now

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi guys!
This comes a bit late as I joined the Spaceship party later.
After the 2nd 45ah battery died on me i decided to go for a 60ah one as I have a few extras in my spaceship:
I successfully retrofitted the OEM Navigation unit, I added a Subwoofer, 2 fast usb chargers, a trailer relay and sometime I take out a 12v fridge as we often go on trips.
There’s a link to my Honda mods playlist on youtube:
I have a 1.8 petrol.
Sadly the 2nd expensive Bosch S4 battery died on me while we are in Poland for holiday so i’ve put grandma’s garage to good use and fabricated a new battery bracket from a 3mm steel plate .
I did use as mentioned before the old battery tray and cut some rubber mats to fit the bottom, 3 mats of say 1cm thickness overlaid on the bottom and the end result is this:
I did use the original red + terminal , all i had to do is cut a bit of the excess to make it fit.

954CEC4B-E099-4A04-B38F-832692450C14.jpeg

662B1F32-963F-462E-89CE-5E1E24B600A9.jpeg

41 - 50 of 50 Posts