2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being the owner of a 06 1.8 es i shift civic and several problems in the past,am wondering whether the new jazz is be free of faults - whats the build quality like since its still built at swindon i would be interested in top of range - panorama roof etc:(but not hybrid),any info good or bad will be useful,thanks

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Little sis has a 60plate 1.2 Si version of the jazz had it for 2 and bit yrs now and no problems what so ever this being the 1.2 the interior isnt as good to look at as the civic but does hold up well no rattles or anything.

·
Registered
218 Posts
body roll is terrible, slow, thirsty, horrible driving position.
Thirsty? My wife has a 1.4 on a 10 plate which does 57mpg on a long run and averages 46mpg.

Body roll? What are you doing, Silverstone blindfolded?

She's had it for 2 years, with no faults whatsoever and the driving position is fine for me at 6ft 1. Admitedly it is not a speed demon but, why would you want a Jazz is you were after speed?

Interior plastics are crap, I concede that too!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I had a 60 plate jazz and now a 63 plate.

Yeah the interior material is a bit tacky and boring but maybe thats because im use to the fn2. The driving position is a bit high but yet again, maybe im use to the FN2 and at the end of the day this isnt a performance car. The seats also doesnt hold you very well but you wouldnt need it to unless your thrashing it round the corners.

Its a great daily and very practical. Both jazz Ive owned is a 1.2 and theyre very good on petrol so I disagree on it being thirsty.

I've read on somewhere that the jazz chassis has more potential than the type r also! I'd like to k20 a jazz one day ;)

I've never had any faults with it at all.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
body roll is terrible, slow, thirsty, horrible driving position.

We have had one many a time while car is being serviced and even had one all week when they did the rusty roof warranty repair and they are not designed to be a hot hatch. They are good on fuel, very give a very nice ride while being very nippy even though you don't think your going very fast you are, build quality seems great but basic layout and trim but yes they do roll because they are designed to give a nice smooth ride and be a practical car and not a hot hatch. I personally don't like the driving position due to my view of the instruments which I can not get a clear view as the steering wheel always seems in the way and feel the dash plastics do mark easily but then who looks after a loan car?

Would I buy one? to be honest if they had done a Jazz hybrid on CRZ transmission and engine with a better interior I would have had a good look at a pearl white one.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Have a Jazz 1.2S and just added a Civic Ex GT auto. The jazz rides better and feels a little more refined. Pleased with both cars !

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
My wife bought a new Jazz in 2006, she owned it 10 years and she hasn't spent a penny in repairs, just replaced it with guess what, another Jazz.
Absolutely brilliant car

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
The driving position thing is interesting. I'm on my second Jazz after downsizing from a 2007 Civic 1.8 EX. I much prefer the Jazz driving position and this shows how individual things like driving positions can be. I found the Civic too low and, as somebody who suffers really badly from the old right leg strain on longer journeys, the Jazz seems to give me more support. I think, in my case, I need my hips to be level with my knees - almost a sit up and beg position.

Others prefer a lower long leg position.

·
Registered
869 Posts
whats the build quality like since its still built at swindon i would be interested in top of range - panorama roof etc:(but not hybrid),any info good or bad will be useful,thanks

2016 Jazz is not built in Swindon, its built in Japan, and Panaramic glass roof is no longer fitted to top of the range models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts