2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at Connects2 kits for the civic.

The current radio is the sat nav unit - will it be the same connects2 kit regardless?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
That kit comes with everything you need to make the cars currents connections suit an after market headunit.
The headunit will come with the leads that will connect t the connects 2 wiring.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent, thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I looked at this option and found you lose the display for any of the climate/heater controls. Also what do you do with the big blank sat nav screen ? I would do it if it was possible for a lead to display stuff on the nav screen from the head unit.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure you will lose some climate functions with taking the sat nav stereo out?
If you don't lose the clock and climate with the standard head unit why would you lose it with the sat nav one? As far as I can see (pick my car up next week) the clock and climate control are on different screens.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Sat Nav Stereo has the Jog dial where you can control the Climate through.

The standard stereo doesn't.
Ahhhhhhhhhh. Bugger I'm just gonna have to burn some mp3 cds then

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
The loom on the satnav car is different to non-satnav so there are several wiring issues that will need resolving when using the connects2 kit. As mentioned above, the big satnav screen will be dead afterwards and look naff. I would really advise against this and fit an amplifier, xcarlink and a reverse camera box to your satnav unit instead.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll do some research into those products over the next few days and see what's what. Once again thanks for the replies

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I was in the same boat and fitted an XCarlink, great bit of kit, and still have my sat nav!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts