2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
Im actually getting my frank build into motion after starting a thread a while back , well heres a quick catch up . My project is a k24a3/k20z4 frank build in my fn2 ctr after buying a full k24 many months ago and having it all stripped and k20 stripped, funds and xmas came quick. So here I am after all those dreaded supplier issues you never think will happen to you and all that comes with taking on a engine build. Ive finally got the block and rotating assembly in machine shop and will soon be able to get down to the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all , got my k24a3 block back on Saturday bored nd honed to 87.5mm and rotating assembly balanced. Very happy with the work ian at clockwise motion has done and all the helpful info hes put my way. Ill be uploading some before and after pics soon , but heres my parts lists so far. K24A3 BLOCK BORED ND HONED 87.5MM ,
BC LIGHTWEIGHT SPORTSMAN FORGED RODS ,
FORGED PISTONS FROM CLOCKWISE MOTION ,
OEM MAIN +HEAD STUDS, OEM BEARINGS
K24 CAM CHAIN AND TENSIONERS + FRONT COVER ,
CRV SIDE MOUNT , ALL RELEVANT SENSORS ,
FD2 OIL PUMP KIT , FD2 OIL PAN.
My head in going in this week for a full refresh and new cams still unsure with wat cams to go with but im sure after another chat with ian all come to that conclusion. Will keep you posted.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
How much was cost of the bottom end work from Ian? (Minus parts).

Trying to get a rough figure off him is impossible :lol:

Reactions: TheLegMan

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soz for late reply it cost me 350 for block to be cleaned bored n honed all checked . 175 for rotating assembly to be balanced , oh dont forget the vat lol. His done a great job and quick turn around aswell. Ill post a pic of my block later.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No he has done my block machine work and some advice on bearing clearances, but I am going to assemble block myself. I then am sending the head off to him to have a refresh and some new cams .

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I could live with that to be honest. Was always told balancing the crank was big money.... obviously not.

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DONS FRANK BUILD
So it's been a while since I've posted how I've been getting on, well it's been a good been a good reality check thinking I could build a engine while doing a full time job in my time frame lol. Before i get into the the build I've purchased some more items for the build off this forum ?, a nice tegiwa decat mani and flashpro thanks to Kipling.
Now onto the build I have now checked and rechecked all my bearing clearances and completed short block assembly. I did a dummy assembly and had to adjust my #1 cylinder oil squirter a bit but other than that all was in tolerances ( I Hope).
Finally got to unwrap my fresh cylinder head with new oem valves and beehive springs and retainers from Ian @ Clockwise motion along with alot of handy tips on getting it setup.
I have now installed cylinder head and cams (BC 0043-2 equivalent grind from clockwise motion) , after many hours finally got them timed . A few weeks on and another payday lol I've got to open some new boxes with my rrc oil pump kit and new oil pan and got those installed and then done my final assembly of the cams, rocker assembly and timing chain etc. Here's some pics of my longblock finally complete minus rocker cover fitted. DSC_0004_1568236226462.jpg

Now to fit all ancillary parts then get my flywheel,clutch and gearbox fitted which I came across a touch after many,many calls finding out my gearbox has LSD standard ??.

DSC_0004_1568236226462.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My apologies for the for the layout as I have my build saved to Google drive and trying to simply copy and paste it didn't work and there are some missing pictures as they were on my other phone .

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Coming along nicely, thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts