2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
lol, as long as you enjoy it that's all that counts mate, you built it is the achievement factor as there will always be a faster car out there no matter what you do. But should to find a supercharger for it then that would be a different matter ;) lol.
Thats true bud and yep if i did add a charger it would be like driving at warp speed ??, it would probably be too fast even hondata traction control wouldnt help lol.I see ur from brum im only in wolves so when the lockdown lifts ill have to come and checkout ur charged fn2.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Ha I think miesters were the best thing I ever did. Made the car much more comfortable yet handle amazing.

I don’t think you’ll be far behind as you’re NA. Seen quite a few K24sin the states embarrassing tuned and more exotic cars.

But as long as it moves like you want it to. The NA charm is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol i hope mine is one of those badboys lol , but yes once its started ill be counting down the miles till i can hit WOT and feel that vetec pull in a k24 ,as even ian said it will be night/day to my stock fn2 and will put me back in my seat. That put a lil smerk on my face?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I see ur from brum im only in wolves so when the lockdown lifts ill have to come and checkout ur charged fn2.
Sure thing mate, Lets hope it's sooner than later. I'd be interest to see your build too.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Think the yellow speeds have the same adjustability as the miester r’s so they should be nice when setup soft for the road.
Got a load of Mugen parts really cheap when I was last home. Aero front bumper, airbox new in box, brand new spoiler also in box and the suspension.
Spoon callipers are great as they are so much lighter than stock and other brake kits out there. As they use oem pads and discs, it gives you a great choice of pads and discs. I looked into an adapter that lets you use 323mm discs so might do that if they fit under my 17’s.
Hi ghost , would you able to drop me some info on these adapters for the spoon calipers to run 323mm discs. Am i right you can run fd2 discs (320mm) on spoon calipers?

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Hi ghost , would you able to drop me some info on these adapters for the spoon calipers to run 323mm discs. Am i right you can run fd2 discs (320mm) on spoon calipers?
Hmm interesting

FD2
Diameter: 320mm
Thickness: 25mm
PCD: 114.3

RX8 (231)
Diameter: 322mm
Thickness: 24mm
PCD: 114.3

I don’t think you can. Think it’s only 300mm discs for all spoon callipers. (Jazz, EK, EP etc)

I think there will be more RX8 discs in the UK than FD2 ones.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I have seen quite a few fd2's online with spoon calipers, why would they drop too 300mm disc from 320mm just to run spoon calipers. ??

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I have seen quite a few fd2's online with spoon calipers, why would they drop too 300mm disc from 320mm just to run spoon calipers. ??
Interesting. I’m guessing lighter callipers so less unsprung mass?

Spoon doesn’t list their callipers for the FD

And the ones for FN/EP /jazz / accord all use 300mm discs.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
oh well lol , the ap racing bbk is looking very interesting as in what u get for your money and the calipers only weight 2.7kg

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
oh well lol , the ap racing bbk is looking very interesting as in what u get for your money and the calipers only weight 2.7kg
Problem with "race" brake kits is the dust seals, many aren't designed for road use and tend not to last our winters. so become another consumable item. I've seen stoptechs fail, as well as AP (although the AP was the bracket that failed)

Which is what drove me to the Spoons. 2.7kg a calliper:

I’m toying with what I would do for the ultimate budget FN using the cheapest parts for the best results.
The brakes callipers and discs from Honda Accord Viii Saloon (Cu) 2.4 look to fit the bill:
  • Diameter [mm]:320
  • Brake Disc Type: Vented
  • Cantering Diameter [mm]:64.15
  • Number of Holes: 5
  • Bolt Hole Circle Ø [mm]:114.3
  • Brake Disc Thickness [mm]: 32

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Yea thats what puts me off the bbk's ,also have seen some shocking scored discs due to them not being used at operating temp i.e. normal daily driving. So i think it will be spoons and done, when i turn it to full track will look at other options if they dont cut it.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Yea thats what puts me off the bbk's ,also have seen some shocking scored discs due to them not being used at operating temp i.e. normal daily driving. So i think it will be spoons and done, when i turn it to full track will look at other options if they dont cut it.
Worked fine for me on track days so far using DS2500's and brembo discs. coupled with braided lines and new fluid they stop well.

I''m looking at getting the bracket and fitting the 322mm discs from the RX8, but that's mainly for looks behind 17's

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Worked fine for me on track days so far using DS2500's and brembo discs. coupled with braided lines and new fluid they stop well.

I''m looking at getting the bracket and fitting the 322mm discs from the RX8, but that's mainly for looks behind 17's
Hit me up with the info on the bracket if it works .

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Any reason you’re not considering the Brembo kit? Much cheaper than new Spoons and can go upto 345mm on the FN.
yes we can do the kit to fit the Spoons to 323mm RX8 discs but why throw all that money on a kit when the Brembos with 2 piece 345mm discs will still come in cheaper

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Any reason you’re not considering the Brembo kit? Much cheaper than new Spoons and can go upto 345mm on the FN.
yes we can do the kit to fit the Spoons to 323mm RX8 discs but why throw all that money on a kit when the Brembos with 2 piece 345mm discs will still come in cheaper
What's the weight of the brembos?... Nearly a metric ton in comparison?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Brembo 4 pots are 2.5kg a side.
Spoon is 2.4kg a side. 100g difference.
Does that include your bracket and hardware, like the Spoon callipers? iIweighed them together?

lol ill just make sure i go to the loo before i get in the car🤣🤣, 100g gone lol
It''s unsprung mass so the 200G difference while not being huge is still a gain lol.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts