2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery flat (again), except this time its flat as a pancake and I couldn't open the boot to get jump leads out! Oh well, live and learn! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I keep mine under the flap in the boot and found you can still get them from inside. But only just with some flexible skinny arms!!! Obviously getting to the main boot compartment is fine but the flap won't raise very far to access underneath.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep mine under the flap in the boot and found you can still get them from inside. But only just with some flexible skinny arms!!! Obviously getting to the main boot compartment is fine but the flap won't raise very far to access underneath.
Oops, I forgot the seats go down. But, my leads are also in the handy under flap compartment thingy.

Its an 06 ex diesel. Battery lasts about a week with no use with all auto stuff turned off and its a super-duper bigger Bosch replacement.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, much impressed!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
It'll be the MICU recall, the dealer replaces the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (fancy term for fusebox) with one that has a modified program, meaning the electrical system goes to 'sleep' when it should. Should be under warranty ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll be the MICU recall, the dealer replaces the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (fancy term for fusebox) with one that has a modified program, meaning the electrical system goes to 'sleep' when it should. Should be under warranty

Oh. But, its an 06. Still under warranty for such things? :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Im I being twp or are you not supposed to use jump leads anymore?
I got told ages ago they kill the ECU not even RAC use them?
:confused: how do the RAC start your car when you have a flat battery :confused:

I think the warning is "don't have you key in the ignition while attaching jump leads" :(

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I've jumped the car so many times... both cars off, connect up (pos neg on same car, pos neg on other car), turn on good car, let it run for 5mins, start dead car.. disconnect (neg first) leave dead car running for 5mins, go out for a good 30min drive and sorted =)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I've jumped the car so many times... both cars off, connect up (pos neg on same car, pos neg on other car), turn on good car, let it run for 5mins, start dead car.. disconnect (neg first) leave dead car running for 5mins, go out for a good 30min drive and sorted =)
This is not recommended way to use jump leads :(

Here is the recommended way

1) Both vehicles with handbrake on, ignition off and keys removed
2) connect red of donor battery positive to red of flat battery positive
3) connect black of donor battery negative to an earthing point of vehicle with flat battery
4) wait a couple of minutes before starting either car
5) start donor car and wait for a further minute before starting the other car
6) wait 10 minutes with both cars idling
7) turn off ignition on both cars and remove the keys
8) disconnect black lead first then red lead
9) start the vehicle which had the flat battery and take it for a run

·
Registered
5 Posts
You do know you can manually open the boot from inside right. Get into the book by pulling the back seats down and there's a manual release latch on the inside of the boot... simple.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts