2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car in for an early service at Lookers Honda Derby. I normally say Don't wash it but I forgot to mention that once I got home and looked at the car the paint work looks like they used a brillo pad to wash it (covered in swirl marks/light scratches)

I am so annoyed now as good a service they did, to leave all these marks on the car makes me [smilie=mad.gif] Why do they bother I only cleaned the car the other day so it didn't need it at all.

Guess im just annoyed really with myself it will take a good few days of hard graft to get out all these marks.

So you have been warned dont let garages clean your car as they have no idea what they are doing.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Ring the garage and complain. Tell them you want a full detail by a professional outfit to repair the paintwork at their expense. No good handing a car back with scratches that weren't on it when you took it in.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Worth a try that. No harm in complaining, given that its Honda who did it they should offer some form of compensation. Get em on the phone ;-)

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
With it being a used car you may struggle with getting compo to have it detailed - they will probably spin you the line that the marks were already in the paintwork (it can be difficult for you to prove otherwise), or alternatively offer to rectify it for you. Really recommend you don't accept an offer like that as they aren't skilled enough at dealers, hence the damage happening from a wash, which in this game is a basic task.

Sorry to hear what's happened. Frequent occurrence these days I'm afraid :(

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I tell them not to wash mine also.

If you think about it, it's the monkey apprentices that's going to be doing the car washing.

I was waiting at the dealers one day bored so went a walk round the back and saw 2 young lads washing an S2000, the sponge must have been dropped 4 or 5 times and flung at each other aswell.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,554 Posts
Annoying isn't it.

A few years ago I spent half Sunday washing and polishing the car. On the Tuesday they washed it and wrecked the whole thing. It was spotless before but not after.

·
haterz gonna hate
1,122 Posts
I am doing a new car prep today, just come in for some lunch and to see what's happening in the world of Honda.

I'll post up a thread sometime over the next week with images of how a top end dealership prepare your brand new car :facepalm:

Dont forget that 90% of people either only get their car washed this way at the annual service......or take it to the local 'Gritty Sponge' Car wash
True story.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Worth a try that. No harm in complaining, given that its Honda who did it they should offer some form of compensation. Get em on the phone ;-)
Still using the ;) emotion far too much.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
When I take my car into my local Honda dealer I not only tell them not to
Wash the car, but I even leave a printed note "Do not wash or Valet this car" on dashboard.
Might seem "Sad" but it has worked so far.
Same for me, I've printed off the "don't wash" my car leaflets which are on DW. Mines in for its 2 yr service next month. Will put one of the leaflets on the drivers seat & one in the service clip.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Can you leave "DO NOT WASH but you can hoover away" signs? :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.