2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I open the drivers door, I hear a click, this is due to a bolt (on check strap?) rising everytime when I open the door. Ie the bolt is not sitting flush through.. (Will take a pic ****) does any one know the most effective way to fix? Remove bolt or hammer it in, or change the check strap? If it is called the check strap?

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is a bolt a socket set will help, just tighten it, DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BASH IT IN WITH A HAMMER!, you'll strip the threads and make it worse.

Cool! :) I will take a pic ****

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I have the same problem, but its on the passenger side instead. It clicks a few times aswell when opening the door, not just once. Quite annoying.
Has anyone experienced this before and fixed it?
Someone please give us a fix! Will post some pictures soon and explain thoroughly later

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have used a mole grip to turn the bolt in, and so far, so good, its not moving back out for now... we will see how it goes as the door gets used on a daily basis...

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Hi guys below is a video of my clicks on the passenger door, I can't really pinpoint where exactly is the noise coming from. Maybe someone can tell us and give us a fix aswel??

@devil84, did you have the same problem as me? If so, can you show me which bolt you tightened please?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, I am had the same problem. I thought I tightend it, but now its back again.

The bolt is rising!! is that called a check strap??
anyone??

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone???

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Hi guys below is a video of my clicks on the passenger door, I can't really pinpoint where exactly is the noise coming from. Maybe someone can tell us and give us a fix aswel??

@devil84, did you have the same problem as me? If so, can you show me which bolt you tightened please?

Thanks in advance
Have you ever had the door "blown" open by strong wind?

I can't remember off the top of my head if the civic check strap has roller bearings or springs, but it sounds like they have been damaged at some point or the the bolts holding it onto the door have came loose.

It's either 2 10mm or 8mm bolts that hold it in place, see if they are tight, if they are I'd get a new check strap.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I will need buy a new check strap.

Does anyone know how to fit this? Is is straight forward?

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you,

When you say what side? I need drivers side... But that pic is for what side door?

When you say door trim, you mean the door card??

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Thank you,

When you say what side? I need drivers side... But that pic is for what side door?

When you say door trim, you mean the door card??

Yeah, the door card.

When you order it just say its the drivers side you need.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bugger, door card needs to come off too... Shall I leave this to Honda to sort out? Difficult job?

Plus what number is that on here... Cannot find it.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Pretty easy, don't go near honda for this.

They'll be a how-to on here somewhere for taking the door card off.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 26 Posts