2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to remove the driver's side door card today to access the connector for the Wing mirror. I need to stop the power fold motor running for now although will need to replace the mirror soon but can't at present as I'm away from home. For now I just need to stop the constant whine as the mirror attempts to fold/unfold but can't.

Removed the tweeter cover easily. Removed the screws being the door handle and under the cover in the 'door pull'?

Trying to remove the door cover the following broke and dropped out from behind the door card:

What is it and how do I best avoid further damage in removing the door card?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Don't know what that is.
Removing door card should be easy as only held on with press in studs which can break if you are heavy handed.
If you gently pull on the door card at the side or bottom until one of these pops out then move carefully round using trim tools or a large driver wrapped in tape or a cloth to protect the paint they should just pop out, then lift the card as it is hooked over the top of the door.
The only faff is the wires for the door lock and door switches which are attached to the card and can tear up the damp membrane.
Once you get the card off you might be able to see where that bit has broken off from.

·
4,490 Posts
Difficult to say as there is no scale to the pic. How big is it? Is it half of one of the clips that hold the fixing studs that has broken off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Difficult to say as there is no scale to the pic. How big is it? Is it half of one of the clips that hold the fixing studs that has broken off?
It's about 2/3 inch by 1/3 inch. It's broken on the bottom right as you look at it. Must be very flimsy if that's where the break is because the surface area of the broken plastic is only a few mm square.

It does look like one half of something with a circular hole in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know what that is.
Removing door card should be easy as only held on with press in studs which can break if you are heavy handed.
If you gently pull on the door card at the side or bottom until one of these pops out then move carefully round using trim tools or a large driver wrapped in tape or a cloth to protect the paint they should just pop out, then lift the card as it is hooked over the top of the door.
The only faff is the wires for the door lock and door switches which are attached to the card and can tear up the damp membrane.
Once you get the card off you might be able to see where that bit has broken off from.
Was gently pulling at the bottom of the door card near the speaker when I heard a snap and heard this piece drop inside. Pulled the door card out far enough for this to drop out of the bottom.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
You could have popped the cap off and unplugged the sod unit mate. Would have stopped it trying to move

1 - 6 of 6 Posts