2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the coming months it looks like i'll be leaving the leafy countryside and moving back to London for a little while. Luckily I can park the CTR in a few spaces that I know are reasonably 'wide' or there are a couple of dual spots which are pretty safe...but the time will come when I need to park up close and personal with another *inconsiderate* car owner and the inevitable will happen...dents!

Anyone used/own these?

CMG Distributions: Your search Results

Seen them on a Beemer 5 Series a good few years back...and the time I had a 2000/XReg Fiat Punto and I couldn't help but laugh. But now I can see the point of them!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
They're hillarious! I guess they do the job but they look *****

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black Defenders on my Civic I think will look reasonably ok imo.

I'm not fitting these as a 'styling' product, purley to be practical and reduce damage. Just wondering if anyone else had purchased/used them (and isn't too embarrassed to admit it! :D )

The joys of owning something you want to keep looking nice...maybe I'll just sell up and get a Micra! :D

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Wow, never seen those before. Would never use them, (I say), until its too late. I see your point SMC, you'd get away with black, but NO other colour!!

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are we coming to the conclusion that i'll either look like a plonker having these fitted or possibly have a few dents...

....or maybe even a criminal record for beating someone half to death with them! :D

·
Oook
161 Posts
Spank;
I appreciate what you want to get them for,
however I would, personally be very embarrassed parking my car, opening the boot, and getting these protectors out.
I would also be very wary driving about with them on, as I don't know if they're designed to be driven about with.
As you mentioned, first time you saw them in use, you laughed.

Would you want people laughing at your car?

I have to park in a multi story with very narrow parking spaces at work, the way I try to avoid dents, is to park next to other nice cars (you know what I mean)

I appreciate this isn't really always practical, and, never having driven in London, I don't know what it's like there...

I really think they'll look really daft on civics, but it's up to you whether you wish to either run the small risk of small dents in the door, that careful parking may well help to prevent (i..e park only next to 'nice' cars, or park so drivers doors of not so nice cars will open away, etc) - or run the risk of, essentially ruining the lines of a gorgeous car when it's parked (which is when most people see it - including yourself) and even maybe encouraging numbskulls to damage the car in other ways.

but thats just my opininon!

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, never seen those before. Would never use them, (I say), until its too late. I see your point SMC, you'd get away with black, but NO other colour!!
Was thinking I could go for the custom ones and have it printed with no logo at all...thus all black. They might even look remotely stealthy and wont be toooo noticable.

Come on, am I the only one who spends 15 mins trying to find a parking space in a multistory car park that is well out of the way of everyone else? I'm getting board of parking on the roof everytime! These could eliminate that issue too?

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spank;
I would also be very wary driving about with them on, as I don't know if they're designed to be driven about with.
You only fit them when the car is parked, there in the boot all other times.

I know exactly what you mean :) Only issue I have is the car will be stationary for possibly 5-7days on the trot...so day one might be next to a Porsche and the rest of the week could be Mum on the daily school run in the family Zafira....:facepalm:

I do think dinks in the side panels really do ruin the lines, especially on a black car ( & the odd ocassion) when my CTR is spotless & clean! :)

·
Oook
161 Posts
day one might be next to a Porsche and the rest of the week could be Mum on the daily school run in the family Zafira....:facepalm:

I do think dinks in the side panels really do ruin the lines, especially on (the odd ocassion) when my CTR is spotless & clean! :)
I see your point re: the Zafira issue (whats wrong with zafiras?)
I was under the impression it would just be for day-to-day use, i.e. parking at supermarket or work...
As it'll be long term parking, I see how it would be more useful for you then for someone like me, with a driveway!

Also, are you sure they'll work on a 3dr? - they appear to be designed for a 5dr

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Was thinking I could go for the custom ones and have it printed with no logo at all...thus all black. They might even look remotely stealthy and wont be toooo noticable.

Come on, am I the only one who spends 15 mins trying to find a parking space in a multistory car park that is well out of the way of everyone else? I'm getting board of parking on the roof everytime! These could eliminate that issue too?

Go for custom no print in ALL BLACK. I love my car as much as you and others. But if I see a space in the car park, I'll take it no matter how close others are to me. I've never had a problem with someone carelessly opening their door and it hitting mine. Guess I'm lucky - Hold on, I hope I've not jinxed myself! :mad: Please post pics up if/when you decide to get them. It's your car mate, and do what you need to do to keep it tip top.

·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like they come in different sizes looking at this website:

PRODUCTS - DoorDefender® - Driven to Protect - An Entire Family Of Magnetic Car Door Protectors, Van Door Protectors, and Truck Door Protectors - Oakville - Ontario - Canada

I think buying them is a must...and looking like a berk is just an added bonus! ;)

Currently I have ample off street private parking - literally it is 100 parking spaces for a dozen houses! So I currently park in the middle of two bays...safety bliss! :D

I'll be moving house end of Feb/Early March so update with photos maybe a good few weeks away.

·
Supporter
641 Posts
I'm also a car park space fanatic ( 4 year old civic with zero dents or scuffs ) but for what they cost I would sooner just pay to have a dent pulled out

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.