2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
I heard sloshing in the passenger door, removed the three drain plugs and the water gushed out.
I've since removed all the flat drain plugs from the bottom of the doors although there was nothing in the other doors.
I can't think of a reason for putting them back as any water will flow out of the door, not up into it.
Any thoughts?
Russ.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Hi Everyone.
I heard sloshing in the passenger door, removed the three drain plugs and the water gushed out.
I've since removed all the flat drain plugs from the bottom of the doors although there was nothing in the other doors.
I can't think of a reason for putting them back as any water will flow out of the door, not up into it.
Any thoughts?
Russ.
Leave them out bud to avoid the doors filling again

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,389 Posts
TBH I'm surprised after all this time that a Civic is still around with them in. I'm sure we've been advising removal since 2007 along with the jacking point polystyrene blocks.

I was also told by a dealer that they remove them if found during a service.

Keep a close eye on the lower area of the doors if there has been water in there for up to 9 years. The MY09 got rid of them and used a different strip design.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TBH I'm surprised after all this time that a Civic is still around with them in. I'm sure we've been advising removal since 2007 along with the jacking point polystyrene blocks.

I was also told by a dealer that they remove them if found during a service.

Keep a close eye on the lower area of the doors if there has been water in there for up to 9 years. The MY09 got rid of them and used a different strip design.
I think the water is quite recent, I must check the door to window strip rubber.
It's been in the Honda dealer for most of it's services since new so I was surprised the drain plugs are still there.
Russ.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was only when my wife got out at some traffic lights and closed the door that I realised it was in the door and not the tank.
I checked the window gaps and can't see why the rain is getting past.
Russ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts